Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
The MGIB program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship/on-the-job training and correspondence courses. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty. This program is also commonly known as Chapter 30.
Select from the options below:
- Start Chapter 30 benefits at Cuesta College, never used them before.
- Start Chapter 30 benefits at Cuesta College, have used them at another school.
- Continue Chapter 30 benefits at Cuesta College but changed major/program of study.
Continuing Students Steps to Complete Every Term
- Register in myCuesta for classes on your SEP. Only classes related to your educational goal are eligible for certification.
- If you are passing all your certified classes with a grade of "C" or better, complete the Veteran's Request for Certification and submit to the Veterans Resource Center.
- If you are not passing one of your certified classes, make an appointment to get certified. Call (805) 546-3142.