The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, USC, Chapter 31 and Code of Federal Regulations, Part 21. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. This program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. Service-connected disability is a disabling condition that has resulted from or was aggravated by an injury or illness while the veteran was serving on active duty in the military. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs for more information.
A Veteran who is eligible for an evaluation under Chapter 31 must first apply for services and receive an appointment with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. Students may complete fillable Form 28-1900 or apply online through VONAPP. Instructions
Select from the options below:
- Start Chapter 31 benefits at Cuesta College, never used them before.
- Start Chapter 31 benefits at Cuesta College, have used them at another school.
- Continue Chapter 31 benefits at Cuesta College but changed major/program of study.
Continuing Students Steps to Complete Every Term
- Register in myCuesta for classes on your SEP.
Only classes related to your educational goal are eligible for certification.
- If you are passing all your certified classes with a grade of "C" or better, complete the Veteran's Request for Certification and submit to the Veterans Resource Center.
- If you are not passing one of your certified classes, make an appointment to get certified. Call (805) 546-3142. You must get certified every semester.