What is Online Education?
Online education provides an alternative to the traditional classroom-based format, however, it does place more responsibility on the student to be self-disciplined and to apply solid independent study skills. Online courses offered through Cuesta College are equivalent to the classroom-based version in course content, textbooks, required assignments, exams, study time, etc.
Do I need to register to take online education courses?
Yes. Registration for an online education course is no different than a regular classroom course.
- Get Started with admissions and records
- Courses are held during regular dates of instruction
- Use the class finder to locate online courses
- Before registering review the Course Welcome Letter
- If the class is closed (full) you could be waitlisted
- Review the fee schedule for the cost to attend and other important information
What services are available for student success
- Student Success Center
- Online and Virtual Tutoring
- Disabled Student Programs and Services
- Library Services
- Statistics Support
- Math Help
- Writing Help - for all subjects
All online education courses at Cuesta College use Canvas as the Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas is where your course materials will be delivered and communication with your instructor will occur.
Getting Started with Canvas
- Canvas Quick Reference for Students
- Canvas Student Video Tutorials
- Canvas login for enrolled students
- Canvas System Requirements
- Setting your Canvas Notifications
- Still need help? email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Student Readiness Tutorials
The Online Student Readiness Tutorials developed by the California Community Colleges
Online Education Initiative are a series of interactive multimedia tutorials designed
to assist students with developing the skills required to be successful in an online
course. If you are taking or thinking about taking an online course, please review
the tutorials by clicking the banner: