The Cuesta Ranch Education program offers an opportunity to explore ranching history, learn the basics in animal handling and care, ranch design and maintenance, forage and pasture management, herding techniques, machinery maintenance and operation, irrigation and facility repair and construction.
Emphasis will be placed on regenerative, holistic and sustainable practices to address practical, environmental, cultural and ecological challenges while working in a functional ranch setting on the 75 acres of grassland located at 3535 Education Drive, San Luis Obispo.
Questions? Contact Associate Director Shelly Ingram at email@example.com
Spring 2023 Class Offerings
- Erosion Control & Pasture Management
- History of Horses in California – The early years Vaqueros to 1910
- History of Ranches in SLO County – The Santa Margarita Ranch
- Indigenous Land Caring & Practices
- Introduction to Basic Electricity
- Introduction to Basic Plumbing
- Intro to Leatherwork - Make A Stamped Leather Belt
- Low Stress Livestock Handling
- Nutrient Cycling for Healthy Landscapes
- Plant Propagation for Fun & Profit