University Application Resources
We are here to help with your University applications!
Drop-in application assistance available in the University Transfer Center Monday through Friday!
CSU Application Workshops Hosted by Cal Poly SLO
Click here for videos on how to complete the CSU application
Click here for videos on how to complete the Common application
Check with the university you are applying to for additional application assistance!
Please also use these resources to be sure you are filling out your application correctly:
1. CSU/UC important dates and deadlines checklist - click here
2. CSU Transfer Application Guide (CSU applicants - READ THIS to avoid errors!)
3. Click here to verify you are choosing the CSU major that is similar to your Cuesta ADT to ensure you get the ADT benefit
4. UC Transfer Application Guide (UC applicants - READ THIS to avoid errors!)
5. Application FAQ - click here
6. CSU Help Chat - click here
7. Call the CSU (857) 304-2087
TRANSFER APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Unofficial Transcripts from each college you have attended
- You will need to obtain these from each college you went to - Cuesta is unable to provide transcripts from other colleges.
- You can view/print your unofficial Cuesta transcripts through your myCuesta student portal through the Student Self Service icon under Records. Plan ahead! Get all of your transcripts early to avoid any last minute delays!
- Your Social Security Number
- Your citizenship status
- A method of payment
- Annual income (your parents' if you are a dependent; your own income if you are independent)
- CCID and Campus ID (optional)
- Your parent's employment background and two recommendations (applies only if you are
applying to EOP)
Frequently Asked Questions about sending official transcripts
1. Will Cuesta send transcripts for other colleges that are on file?
No, students need to visit the college or universities home web site and request those transcripts directly from the original institution (helpful tip: search “transcript request” on college/university site). AP scores must be sent from College Board (www.collegeboard.org ). Cuesta College can only send Cuesta transcripts and cannot send transcripts from other colleges that are on file.
Click here for information on ordering your official transcripts
2. Should I check the HOLD NOW for IGETC or CSU GE certification or not?
If you are ordering a transcript that shows your in progress work, do not check either of these two boxes, skip this area. Only check the HOLD NOW when requesting your final transcript that will show your General Education Certification and/or degree award on it.
3. Do I check the undergraduate or graduate option for the college I am choosing to
send transcripts to?
As a transfer student you will always choose the “undergraduate” option.
4. When is the final transcript deadline for UCs and CSUs?
UC- Final, official transcripts must be postmarked or electronically submitted on of before July 1st for fall transfer. CSU- Most CSU campuses require that final transcripts are received by July 15th for fall transfer. Be sure to check your campus to confirm their specific deadline.
5. If a university asks me to send an in-progress transcript, when should I send it?
You will want to order an in progress, official transcript to be sent ASAP and be sure to meet campus submission deadline.
6. Cal Poly SLO says they use Parchment only. Will my Cuesta transcript be received?
Cuesta College now uses Credentials/Parchment which is the same transcript platform Cal Poly uses. You will order via your portal and choose Cal Poly as the destination and the transcript will be sent electronically to Cal Poly SLO.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You alone are responsible for the accuracy of your CSU and UC application. We advise you to take your time, ask questions, use resources and consult with Transfer Center Counselors if you are unsure about any parts of the application. You should review your application carefully before submission. Once submitted, information cannot be changed. The Cuesta Transfer Center is unable to provide students with their transcripts so please ensure you have copies of all college transcripts to use when filling out your applications.