University Application Resources
We want to celebrate you!
Let us know where you got accepted!
Email your good news to email@example.com
or send us a DM on Instagram @cuesta_transfer_center
The CSU application for Spring 2022 admission is open from August 1-31, 2021. Check the CSU website to see if your school accepts Spring transfers!
UC Merced, UC Riverside and UC Santa Cruz Spring 2022 application opens July 1, 2021.
We are here to help with your University applications!
Many Universities offer application workshops! Check with your CSU or UC for additional application assistance.
Here's how we can assist you:
- CSU & UC application workshops via Zoom
- Appointment with a counselor for help with university applications
- Please have your application as complete as possible
- Please have questions prepared
- Cuesta Transfer Center application help
a. Email your question (with a screenshot of the page on the application if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org and a counselor will respond ASAP
b. Stop in at our Transfer Center Zoom Lobby!
Please also use these resources to be sure you are filling out your application correctly:
1. CSU/UC important dates and deadlines checklist - click here
2. CSU application self-review checklist. This will show you the areas that students commonly have questions or errors on
3. CSU Transfer Application Guide (CSU applicants - READ THIS to avoid errors!)
4. UC Transfer Application Guide (UC applicants - READ THIS to avoid errors!)
5. Application FAQ - click here
6. CSU Help Chat - click here
7. Call the CSU (857) 304-2087
2022 TRANSFER APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Unofficial Transcripts from each college you have attended
- You will need to obtain these from each college you went to - Cuesta is unable to provide transcripts from other colleges.
- You can view/print your unofficial Cuesta transcripts through your myCuesta student portal. Plan ahead! Get all of your transcripts early to avoid any last minute delays!
- Your Social Security Number
- Your citizenship status
- A method of payment
- Annual income (your parents' if you are a dependent; your own income if you are independent)
- CCID and Campus ID (optional)
- Your parent's employment background and two recommendations (applies only if you are applying to EOP)
UC and CSU applications deadline to submit is November 30, 2021.
Private & Out-of-State college deadlines vary. Please see your chosen school's website for dates and deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions about sending official transcripts
1. Will Cuesta send transcripts for other colleges that are on file?
No, students need to visit the college or universities home web site and request those transcripts directly from the original institution (helpful tip: search “transcript request” on college/university site). AP scores must be sent from College Board (www.collegeboard.org ). Cuesta College can only send Cuesta transcripts and cannot send transcripts from other colleges that are on file.
2. Should I check the HOLD NOW for IGETC or CSU GE certification or not?
If you are ordering a transcript that shows your in progress work, do not check either of these two boxes, skip this area. Only check the HOLD NOW when requesting your final transcript that will show your General Education Certification and/or degree award on it.
3. Do I check the undergraduate or graduate option for the college I am choosing to
send transcripts to?
As a transfer student you will always choose the “undergraduate” option.
4. When is the final transcript deadline for UCs and CSUs?
UC- Final, official transcripts must be postmarked or electronically submitted on of before July 1st for fall transfer. CSU- Most CSU campuses require that final transcripts are received by July 15th for fall transfer. Be sure to check your campus to confirm their specific deadline.
5. If a university asks me to send an in-progress transcript, when should I send it?
You will want to order an in progress, official transcript to be sent ASAP and be sure to meet campus submission deadline.
6. Cal Poly SLO says they use Parchment only. Will my Cuesta transcript be received?
Cuesta College now uses Credentials/Parchment which is the same transcript platform Cal Poly uses. You will order via your portal and choose Cal Poly as the destination and the transcript will be sent electronically to Cal Poly SLO.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You alone are responsible for the accuracy of your CSU and UC application. We advise you to take your time, ask questions, use resources and consult with Transfer Center Counselors if you are unsure about any parts of the application. You should review your application carefully before submission. Once submitted, information cannot be changed. The Cuesta Transfer Center is unable to provide students with their transcripts so please ensure you have copies of all college transcripts to use when filling out your applications.