Cuesta College Foundation Offered Scholarships
Cuesta College Scholarship
Open: October 1, 2020 through March 2, 2021
The Cuesta College scholarship application is open and ALL students are encouraged to apply for the 2021-2022 academic year. Apply for over 180 scholarships in just ONE application!
Apply here: cuesta.academicworks.com using Chrome or Firefox only.
Having a FAFSA or California Dream Act on file is not required for the Cuesta Scholarships, but some scholarships are based on need so to maximize your opportunities we encourage all students to apply for financial aid to see what other opportunities they could qualify for.
Questions? Contact Financial Aid at (805) 546-3143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: August 1, 2021
- For every new SLO county high school graduate
- Get the first 2 years at Cuesta FEE FREE
Cuesta Promise Scholarship Application Use Chrome or Firefox Only
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Cuesta posts local scholarship opportunities intended for community college students.
In support of the mission of AAUW to advance equity through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research, the San Luis Obispo Branch of AAUW awards scholarships annually to re-entry students who have completed one year or more at Cuesta College.
The scholarship amount has grown to $1500 annually. Beginning in 2020, any Cuesta student who meets the qualifications is invited to apply.
The Scholarship and Loan Committee manages the application, selection, and funding of all awards. These scholarships are funded by an endowment that was originally conceived in 1990. The committee is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
To qualify, the applicant must:
- Be a resident of San Luis Obispo County for at least two (2) years
- Be a re-entry student (interrupted post-high school education) having completed no less than one (1) year of instruction at an accredited college or university in good standing
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Be able to demonstrate economic need
- Be currently enrolled at Cuesta College
- Be planning to attend Cuesta College for at least two (2) additional semesters
- Be able to articulate educational and career goals
Deadline to apply is March 15, 2021.
CCW Memorial Scholarship
- Biographic Information (see enclosed application)
- Two Letters of recommendation. Letters from employers, business & community leaders, teachers and counselors, are preferred. Letters from family members are not accepted. Letters are due April 10, 2021
- List and describe
- How you have been involved in the Beef Industry?
- Your co-curricular activities
- Your community service involvement d. Your work experiences e. Your leadership roles
- Please explain in your own words, "My career goals in Agriculture and how your future career will benefit the Beef Cattle Industry.” (200 words or less)
5. Please explain your financial need. Include any additional funds or support you are receiving from other sources. What have you done towards acquiring funds and how do you plan to support yourself while attending school?
6. A copy of your most recent transcripts or grades (must be received with your application
Deadline to appy is 4/10/202.
Click the link for more information:
The AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. In support of this mission, the Atascadero Branch of AAUW awards scholarships annually to women who have completed one year or more of college at an accredited institution. In the past few years awards have ranged from $500 – $2,000.
Applications for 2021 will be open in February 2021.
All applications will be due no later than April 30, 2021.
The application form for 2021 is available here: AAUW Scholarship App 2021
We suggest consulting these Tips for Successful Scholarship Applications before you complete this or any other scholarship application. They are based on feedback from reviewers of scholarship applications in previous years. Download the tips here: scholarapptips
For further information please contact Judie Magonacelaya at email@example.com or Marilyn Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org (Scholarship Co-Chairs).
The Georgie Arnold Scholarship fund was established in Georgie’s memory by her family and friends in Atascadero AAUW. It is designated for women pursuing careers in education.
Eligibility for these scholarships is limited to:
- Residents of Atascadero, Santa Margarita, Templeton, or Paso Robles;
- Members of Atascadero Branch AAUW; and
- Women who have graduated from one of these local high schools now living out of the area to attend college.
Applicants may be women at all levels of higher education. Women pursuing degrees in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic progress
- Financial need
- Description of goals
- Volunteer activities
- Letters of reference
Foundation for California Community Colleges
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is pleased to announce the availability of 2020-21 Real Estate Education Endowment Scholarships for California Community College students. These awards are available for students in good academic standing who need financial assistance to help afford enrollment costs in community college real estate education programs.
- Must be pursuing either a major in Real Estate or, if a Real Estate major isn’t offered by their college, a major in Business Administration with a concentration in Real Estate.
- Must have completed at least one college-level real estate course with a grade of C or better (2.0).
- Can be full-time or part-time.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Click here for PDF Version of Eligibility requirements
Visit foundationccc.org/RealEstate to download materials.
September 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021
Students must submit their application to their college’s Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility and forward the Real Estate Scholarship Invoice to the Foundation’s office. All materials must be received by May 1, 2021.
Please contact us at email@example.com or visit foundationccc.org/RealEstate if you have any questions.
Other outside scholarships
- Varsity Tutors (Deadline: Monthly on the 15th.)
- Central Coast Paralegal Association: Scholarship Policy; Scholarship Application (Deadline April 1 and October 1 every year)
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Polymer Chemistry Innovations: The application for our scholarship went live on November 1st, 2019 and will remain open until September 15, 2020. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be currently enrolled as a student at an accredited high school, college, or university.
NAACP Scholarships —
POISE Foundation POISE Foundation is proud to provide scholarship administration for the National NAACP Scholarship Program. Each year the NAACP, through generous donations, is able to provide scholarships to outstanding students. Visit: https://www.poisefoundation.org/naacp-scholarships
Report a broken link - Click Here