Cuesta College Foundation Offered Scholarships
Cuesta College Scholarship
Open: October 1, 2021 through March 2, 2022
The Cuesta College scholarship application is open and ALL students are encouraged to apply for the 2021-2022 academic year. Apply for over 180 scholarships in just ONE application!
Apply here: cuesta.academicworks.com using Chrome or Firefox only.
Having a FAFSA or California Dream Act on file is not required for the Cuesta Scholarships, but some scholarships are based on need so to maximize your opportunities we encourage all students to apply for financial aid to see what other opportunities they could qualify for.
Questions? Contact Financial Aid at (805) 546-3143 or email email@example.com.
Deadline: August 1, 2021
- For every new SLO county high school graduate
- Get the first 2 years at Cuesta FEE FREE
Cuesta Promise Scholarship Application Use Chrome or Firefox Only
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Cuesta posts local scholarship opportunities intended for community college students.
The CNCDA Foundation
We are thrilled to announce that the California New Car Dealers Association (CNCDA) Scholarship Foundation’s “CAR CAREERS” application period is open now until June 15, 2021!
The top twenty scholarship awardees will receive $5,000 each, and one statewide recipient will receive an additional $5,000.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must be enrolled in an auto tech program
and meet the requirements listed here.
Are you able to help increase awareness of this scholarship opportunity for the auto tech students at your college?
The application period is open now until June 15 and we are hoping to see many applications submitted by students in your college’s auto tech program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Danielle Whitmore, Scholarship and Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 403 7942.
2021 Study.com Scholarship for Military Children
Study.com is excited to announce that our 2021 Scholarship for Military Children is now open for applications!
The Study.com Scholarship for Military Children provides a $500 academic award to a student who is a child of a military member, either in active duty or a veteran. The student must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree, and all areas of study will be considered.
Scholarship Amount: $500
One scholarship awarded annually with a July 1, 2021 application deadline
Applicants should be pursuing an undergraduate college degree in any field of study.
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be a child of a current or former member of the United States military. This includes the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
- Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Study.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Study.com. The application process is completely online.
Central Coast ENGAGE
A Cohort-Based Scholarship & Mentoring Program
ENGAGE is a cohort-based scholarship & mentoring program designed for engineering and computer science students at Allan Hancock College and Cuesta College.
We want you to identify and achieve your educational and professional goals!
Apply Now: We are currently recruiting a new cohort of engineering & computer science students at Allan Hancock College and at Cuesta College to join the ENGAGE program in Fall 2021 with the target of transferring in Fall 2022.
The application deadline is 7/7/21 at 11:59pm
ENGAGE Scholars receive a need-based and merit-based scholarship that is sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
- The scholarship award is based on your unmet financial need, and is up to $9,000/year prior to transfer in Fall 2022
- Selected students will receive scholarship and program support during the 2021-22 academic year
- Students who transfer to Cal Poly in engineering or computer science are eligible for additional financial support post-transfer via this program.
As an ENGAGE Scholar, you will be matched with a faculty mentor at your campus AND a faculty mentor from the Cal Poly College of Engineering. You and your cohort will participate in Clifton Strengths Training, field trips, and other cohort activities designed to support your success!
Benefits in the Program
- Up to $9,000 scholarship next year at Cuesta College; potential for up to $10,000 per year at Cal Poly, SLO upon transfer
- Assigned faculty mentor from Cuesta College and Cal Poly, SLO
- Professional Development through Clifton Strengths Training assessments, mock interviews, opportunities for funded conference attendance and membership with professional organizations;
- Cohort/Network of students going through the same program
ENGAGE Scholars at Cuesta and Allan Hancock who transfer to Cal Poly in engineering or computer science will be eligible for ENGAGE scholarships of up to $10,000/year based on unmet financial need post-transfer.
ENGAGE stands for "Engineering Neighbors: Gaining Access, Growing Engineers" and is a collaboration between Allan Hancock College, Cuesta College, and the College of Engineering at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly). ENGAGE is supported by the National Science Foundation (DUE 1834128, 1834154). ENGAGE students at Allan Hancock and Cuesta who transfer to Cal Poly in an engineering or computing major will be eligible for an additional $10,000/year scholarship post-transfer.
Other outside scholarships
- Varsity Tutors (Deadline: Monthly on the 15th.)
- Central Coast Paralegal Association: Scholarship Policy; Scholarship Application (Deadline April 1 and October 1 every year)
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
NAACP Scholarships —
POISE Foundation POISE Foundation is proud to provide scholarship administration for the National NAACP Scholarship Program. Each year the NAACP, through generous donations, is able to provide scholarships to outstanding students. Visit: https://www.poisefoundation.org/naacp-scholarships
Report a broken link - Click Here