- Health Care Navigation is a service that helps SLO County residents get access to the health care they need. This is a personal service that is different for every individual. It may mean connecting you with insurance, helping find a doctor who accepts your insurance, answering questions about a medical bill, or helping you navigate the health care system in other ways. (805) 781-4838 or (805) 781-4815
- Meredith Insurance Center is your one-stop insurance info destination. Are you new to the world of health insurance and not sure what your first steps should be? Their team of motivated and highly qualified insurance professionals came together to create Meredith Insurance Center as a way to offer solutions to these problems. Located in SLO, they specialize in covered CA help (805) 548-8672
Department of Social Services Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program, is a public insurance health care program which provides health care services for low-income individuals and families who meet defined eligibility requirements. (805) 781-1600
The Covered California Health Exchange is the government agency offering subsidized Obamacare plans for this state. The
California Health Exchange was created to assist citizens and legal residents with
applying for marketplace coverage in order to comply with the Affordable Care Act
(“ACA”). When the law was passed in 2010, each of the 50 states had to decide to either
create a state-run health insurance exchange or offer enrollment through a federally-operated
exchange. This state chose to create their own exchange and called it “Covered California”.
- Medically Indigent Services Program Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP) assists qualified low-income residents who have an immediate medical need but have no source of health coverage available and no other way to pay for necessary medical care.
- Health Insurance Options for At-Risk, Homeless, and Vulnerable Youth provides health insurance resource for youth with limited resources.
- United Health Care student health insurance plans – from Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act-compliant plan design to innovative online administration tools.
- Student Insurance USA specializes in student health insurance for international and study-abroad students; accident insurance and special risks for sports clubs, athletes and students.
- EJ Smith Affordable Health Solutions Designed for Students, Faculty & Colleges.
- EduMed.org connects students with expert-driven information about education, training, and financial aid opportunities in healthcare and medical support.
- How to Get Health Insurance Outside of Open Enrollment
- How to Lower Your Healthcare Expenses and Medical Bills
- A Guide on Navigating Mental Health Care is a guide that provides several resources, tips and insights on understanding health insurance coverage and finding mental health support.
*Some links will take you to sites outside the Cuesta College web server. Cuesta College has no control over the content or availability of these sites.