The Veterans Resource Center will be closed from 8:00 AM- 1:00 PM on Friday, December 2, 2022 for Professional Development.
Welcome Veteran and Military connected students
The Cuesta College Veterans Services Program works diligently to serve military connected students in accessing military education benefits and continuous support in achieving academic success. We provide well-trained, professional staff who strive to create a collaborative community to support and advocate for students in their educational and professional goals. We are committed to adapting to the needs of our military connected student community in order to provide the highest quality of service and continuous improvement. Local, regional and state wide community partnerships are formed to expand available resources and accessible tools that serve the unique needs of student veteran's well-being and success.
Steps for Veteran Enrollment at
If you are utilizing your veterans or dependent of a veteran education benefits for the first time, you must submit your application for benefits to the VA. You will receive a certificate of eligibility in the mail from the VA once your application has been processed (approximately 30 days).
- Complete the online application to apply to Cuesta College
- Please check with Admissions and Records if your residency is determined to be out of state. With AB 540 and/or AB13 VACA, you may be eligible for in state tuition. There are deadlines for residency. For more information visit our Residency information page. If you have questions, please email Admissions & Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the online orientation
- See if you are eligible for priority registration, submit a copy of your DD-214 form to email@example.com
- To view your priority date/time to register, login to myCuesta - go to the Student tab, Steps to Success channel, and click on "Check Registration Status".
Request official military transcripts to be sent to the Cuesta College Admissions and Records Office via the following sites:
- Air Force: Complete the USAF Transcript Request Form and mail it to the address shown on the form.
- Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy: Submit your request electronically
(Note: if you get the message "Your connection is not private", click on the link that says "ADVANCED" and then click on "proceed to jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do")
Request official transcripts of all previous college enrollment to be sent to the Cuesta College Admissions and Records office.
SEE A COUNSELOR TO COMPLETE YOUR SEP
Make an appointment to see a counselor who will help you create a Student Education Plan (SEP).
Be sure to ask about Math and English placement.
Watch this informative video for more info:
If you have any questions or need assistance please call Counseling at 805-546-3138 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to follow your Student Education Plan (SEP)
To register, use the student login to the myCuesta web portal, then open the Student
Registration Services portlet.
Click here for directions: How to register in myCuesta.
Fill out your Request for Certification Form.
After completion of the form, you will get an email to make an appointment with the certifying official.
If you have questions, please e-mail: email@example.com
Request for Certification is required with each term that you want to use your GI Bill® Benefits.
GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill