Students must be within two terms of completing requirements before submitting a degree and/or certificate application.  Official transcripts for transfer credit and AP scores must be submitted to Cuesta College prior to meeting with a counselor and for final GE, certificate, and degree evaluation.

  1. Schedule a Counseling appointment for verification of completion of requirements
  2. Complete and submit application:

    Associate Degree and Certificate Application

  3. Update mailing address in myCuesta for diploma/certificate mailing.
    Specify Permanent Address (vs Mailing Address) for diploma/certificate mailing.
  4. Clear debts, holds, or obligations.
  5. Degree applicants: 
        Check myCuesta student email for announcements for Commencement ceremony.

Diplomas and certificates will be withheld if the student has a financial obligation or hold with Cuesta College. See policy.


Catalog Rights
Credit for Alternative Education
Degree Requirements

Diploma or Certificate Mailing
GE (General Education) Certification

Replacement Cost for Diploma or Certificate
Residency Requirements for Associate Degree 
Timeline for Evaluation - Processing Cycle

Cuesta College does not accept the following:

  • Continuing Education Units (CEU): Though earned at colleges and universities, continuing education courses are designed for personal enrichment or job advancement and may not be used.
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP): A passing score earned on the American Government CLEP exam is accepted by Cuesta College for credit toward Cuesta’s POLS 202, Government and Politics of the United States. Due to lab or performance requirements, Cuesta College does not accept credit for any other tests offered by the College Level Exam Program.
  • Non-Degree Applicable Credits: Non-degree applicable college courses are not used. Degree applicability is determined according to the catalog for the term in which course was taken.
  • Credits from Non-Accredited Institutions: Cuesta College only accepts course work from regionally accredited institutions.
    Upper Division Course Work: Course credit from colleges and universities at the upper division level is not used (certain exceptions apply).
  • Religious Dogma Coursework: Courses taken at a regionally accredited school with a religious affiliation cannot be used if the courses espouse the beliefs of that institution. Courses will be carefully reviewed.