Community Programs Scholarship Opportunities
PURPOSE: The Community Programs Department scholarship program is made possible through the generous donations of community members who support the Cuesta College Foundation. The purpose of this program is to assist those economically disadvantaged to participate in enrichment programs and classes offered by the College’s Community Programs Department.
- Participant/Student must be a resident of San Luis Obispo County
- Scholarships will be awarded depending on funds available, the number of applicants, and the cost of the class the scholarship would be used for
- Scholarships will not cover class material fees or parking
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROCESS:
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need and fund availability
- Application must be COMPLETELY filled out, signed by applicant, and submitted with a completed registration form
- Applications will be reviewed by Scholarship Awards Committee
- If you are awarded a scholarship, the amount of the scholarship will be “credited” in your name for use towards the registration of a FUTURE class (not currently enrolled or past activities)
- If you are concerned about a specific class filling up, we recommend that you pre-register for that class and use the scholarship towards a class that is less likely to fill
- Scholarships have no cash/refund value and are valid only for activity number noted in application
INTERESTED IN DONATING TO THE COMMUNITY PROGRAMS SCHOLARSHIP FUND?
- Contact Director Matthew Green at (805) 546-3100 x2229
Please download the appropriate files and submit completed Scholarship Application and Registration Form to the appropriate staff member below.
- Scholarship Application - General
- Scholarship Application - Multiple Family Members Participating in Same Program
- Scholarship Application - Cuesta College Employees
- Scholarship Application - Central Coast Writers Conference
- Scholarship Application - Chevron Teacher's Program - Central Coast Writers Conference
- Scholarship Application - PG&E Teen Writers - Central Coast Writers Conference
- Aquatics Scholarships can be emailed to Sarah Hawkins
- Community Education, Recreation, and Youth Program Scholarship Applications can be emailed to Wes Martin
- Summer Program scholarships received by May 1 will be awarded on May 2. Remaining scholarships will be awarded on May 31.
- Writers Conference Scholarship Applications can be emailed to Teri Bayus