Info on the Fall Semester
The fall 2016 semester at Cuesta College begins August 15 and hundreds of courses are still available on the San Luis Obispo Campus, North County Campus in Paso Robles, South County Center in Arroyo Grande and online. Students can register for courses in the areas of geology, oceanography, architecture, construction technology, film television and electronic media, graphic design, welding, and more. The semester runs through December 16 and includes full-term courses and less than full-term classes that run 17 weeks to less than two weeks. Free emeritus courses are also being offered from all three college sites. For a full list of classes, visit www.cuesta.edu and click Class Finder.
The following information is new for the fall 2016 semester:
- Six North County Campus Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADTs) are available entirely on the North County Campus. They are: administration of justice (evening program), agriculture business, business administration, communication studies, psychology, and sociology. More information can be found here.
- A new high tech computer lab at Central Coast New Tech High School (CCNTHS) in Nipomo is open, allowing Cuesta to offer Computer Information Systems courses to CCNTHS students.
- The First-Year Experience program İZOOM! will provide student support services to more than 250 students this fall with the goal of helping the participants reach a college-level English or math course in one semester instead of two. More information on how students can qualify for the program, which is the result of a $1.3M grant, can be found here.
- In its inaugural year, the Cambria Promise Scholarship is providing a second year of fee-free college to approximately 21 Coast Unified School District (CUSD) students this fall. More information on the Cambria Promise Scholarship can be found here.
- Information on the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) bus stop and schedule:
- The main bus stop on the SLO Campus is now located toward the back of campus on Chorro Valley Road near the gym.
- RTA route 14 has new scheduled times.
- Students taking courses on both the SLO and North County campuses can enjoy free RTA
bus services for the first two weeks of classes by showing their student ID or printed
- For full details on the RTA service hours on both campuses please call (805) 541-2228 or visit slorta.org.
Students can get information on how to apply, register and enroll in fall 2016 courses by going to http://www.cuesta.edu/apply/. Courses are $46 per unit. For more information, please call (805) 546-3100.