The Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement program is an academic and student support transfer-prep program for a diverse population of STEM students at Cuesta College. MESA benefits include: academic and transfer counseling, a dedicated MESA Center for workshops, technology support, community building and events, internship opportunities, professional development, and much more!
Meet the MESA Team:
MESA Director, Sara E. Sánchez
MESA Counselor, Angelica Eulloqui
MESA Clerical Specialist, Kasia Crowley
ASEM members are "Friends of MESA". This allows students who do not meet full MESA eligibility to participate in MESA programming with the exception of MESA sponsored trips and conferences.
ASEM students must meet one of our two eligibility options below:
Option A- Be first generation and a declared calculus-based STEM major for transfer
Option B- Demonstrate financial need and a declared calculus-based STEM major for transfer
- Be a US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Dreamer or DACA
- Demonstrate Financial Need by Receiving FAFSA or CA Dream Act Award
- Be a First-Generation College Student
- Be a Declared Calculus-Based STEM Major
- Intend to Transfer to 4-year Institution
- Be enrolled in 6.0 units or more
- Access to MESA Center
- MESA Academic Counseling
- Academic & Tutorial Support
- Transfer Support
- Textbook & Class Supply Reimbursement
- Professional & Leadership Development
- Scholarship, Internship & Research Opportunities
- And More!
- Fall 2024: Accepting MESA/ASEM Applications March 1st - May 17th, 2024