Work Experience - WEXP
Get Credit for Working by taking Work Experience courses WEXP 251 or 252.*
What is Work Experience?
- A course for students to earn college credit for learning while on the job. Two courses, WEXP 251 & 252, make up the Cooperative Work Experience Program.
What is the Purpose of Work Experience?
- To increase and/or improve skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviors in the workplace.
- Students must have a job, internship, or volunteer position during the course.
- Students may enroll in only one work experience course each semester tied to one job.
- No weekly classes to attend. The student's "classroom" is at work.
- Students are able to earn college credits (CSU transferable) for the average number of hours worked each week.
- These work hours equate to the number of units that can be earned.
- All class information, assignments, forms, and due dates are found on Canvas.
Benefits of Participation:
- Good for the student and for the employer!
- Improves/increases workplace skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviors.
- Increases job satisfaction, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Improves communication and relationships in the workplace.
* All WEXP courses other than WEXP 251 and 252 are classroom-based courses (not on-the-job) and are handled separately from the Work Experience Program. Have questions about WEXP courses? Contact us at email@example.com or fill out our Job & Internship Questionnaire You can also reach out to us during our Zoom office hours (11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Thursday). The passcode to enter is: 309864 Looking for an internship to pair with a WEXP course? You can find a current listing of open positions on our CTE Jobs/Internships webpage.