The CSRC’s mission is to promote an understanding and appreciation for sustainability concepts and practices through a variety of educational resources, programs, activities, exhibits, and events. Our Center currently serves the San Luis Obispo County community to ensure that social, economic and environmental systems survive and thrive both locally and globally.
K-12 PROGRAMS OUTREACH
- Science & Sustainability Resource Library Check-out.
- Hands-on energy science kits from the NEED Project. Topics include: Solar, wind, water and more!
- All are available for check-out at NO COST to you! Browse the NEED Kits Page.
- Assistance with the following additional curriculum resources: Biomimicry, Living Schoolyard and Introduction to Sustainability.
- Professional development workshops
- School and Classroom support
- Facilitate &/or co-teach lessons
- Customize lesson planning according to National NGSS, NGSS for California and Common Core standards
- Assist SLO K-12 schools through the Green Ribbon School Award application process (for State and National recognition). Congratulations to Monterey Road Elementary School for receiving the 2018 Green Ribbon School Award!
- Facilitate a booth or stations at science & sustainability events, such as family science nights, science fairs, Earth Day, and more!
- Gateway to Green Schools
- Connect your school with the Central Cost Green Building Council (CCGBC). The CCGBC's Green Schools committee is ready to help you acheive your school's green goals!
- Links to Career Technical Pathways
Cuesta Sustainability Resource Center
Email is the best contact method: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cuesta College San Luis Obispo Campus
Highway 1, San Luis Obispo, CA 93403
Director, Matthew Green, Ph.D
We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, creed,or ethnicity