In order for you to be placed in Math and English classes most appropriate for you at Cuesta College, please complete the below Placement Tool. You will be asked to provide your current high school GPA, the highest level of English and math classes you have completed, and the grades you earned in those classes.
Math and English Placement Tool
Per Assembly Bill (AB) 705 and 1705 (View Assembly Bill, View research), students are eligible to register in transfer-level math and English classes regardless of any placement you have received in the past.
To gain access to any course listed below.
|Transfer-Level Math Course||Transfer-Level English Course|
Math 220 - Math for Elementary School Teachers
English 201A - English Composition
Placement options to place into an ENGLISH or MATH course not listed above:
Completion of course listed above with a grade of 'C' or higher will meet the prerequisite requirement for next level course. Alternatively, your options for prerequisite clearance may be met by either AP Exam score OR course completion at another school. See below for prerequisite clearance options:
- AP Exam with a score of 3 or above - View AP Score Placement Policy
- Earn a “C” or better grade in an English or Math course taken at another college or university
Placement Options to place into all other courses/subjects:
See List of Courses that require prerequisite clearance.
- Submit a official transcript with "C" or better grade.
- Complete Prerequisite Clearance Form A (except for Physics)
- Complete Form C Evaluation Form for Physics