Complete Placement Tool to be cleared to register in English/math courses listed below.
Submit High School GPA, highest level/grade math/English.
Per Assembly Bill (AB) 705 (View Assembly Bill, View research), students are eligible to register in transfer-level math and English classes regardless of any placement you have received in the past.
To gain access to any course listed below.
|Transfer-Level Math Course||Transfer-Level English Course|
Math 220 - Math for Elementary School Teachers
|English 201A - English Composition|
|Math Preparatory Course||English Preparatory Course|
|Math 127 - Intermediate Algebra
Math 128 - Applied Beginning and Intermediate Algebra
|English 180 - Intro to English Composition|
|Math Flow Chart||English Flow Chart|
Placement options to place into an ENGLISH or MATH course not listed above:
Completion of course listed above with a grade of 'C' or higher will meet the prerequisite requirement for next level course. Alternatively, your options for prerequisite clearance may be met by either AP Exam score OR course completion at another school. See below for prerequisite clearance options:
- AP Exam with a score of 3 or above - View AP Score Placement Policy
- Submit official AP exam scores
- Complete Prerequisite Form A for:
- AP English Language Exam
- Literature Composition Exam
- AP Calculus Exam
- AP Statistics Exam
- Earn a “C” or better grade in an English or Math course taken at another college or university
Placement Options to place into all other courses/subjects:
See List of Computer Enforced Courses that require prerequisite clearance.
- Submit a official transcript with "C" or better grade.
- Complete Prerequisite Clearance Form A (except for Physics)
- Complete Form C Evaluation Form for Physics