Welcome to Placement Services
The placement process has changed!
New for Summer & Fall 2019: AB 705
Students now receive their placement results by completing the online orientation.
- To access the online orientation, login to your myCuesta student portal.
- Next, click on "Online Orientation" under the Student tab.
More About AB 705
A new law has gone into effect that changes placement into English and math courses for all California Community Colleges. View Assembly Bill
- AB 705 (Irwin, 2017) is a law that requires California Community Colleges to maximize the probability that students will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and math within one year.
- The law is based on years of research that shows that high school performance information is the best predictor of course completion and success compared to standardized placement exams.
- In fact, students are more likely to complete transfer-level English and math courses when placed into them directly. View research