Apply to Cuesta
Build your future at Cuesta College
How you start at Cuesta College depends on who you are and what you want to do.
I've never attended college before
I'm new to Cuesta College, but have attended other colleges
Frequently Asked Questions
- Completing the application for admission is your first step.
- Applications are accepted year round.
- Students may register online via the myCuesta student portal.
- Students should consult the Student Planning Calendar for specific dates and times of availability for each type of registration.
- View video tutorial on how to register in myCuesta.
PDF directions: How to Register
- To drop classes, login to myCuesta then open the Student Self Service portlet and click on Register for Classes. In the Summary section (lower right), use the Action drop-down beside the course to select the drop option then click "Submit" to process your request.
- It is the student's responsibility to drop courses within drop deadlines. See deadlines in Class Finder by clicking on course after search results or posted on your myCuesta Student Self Service portlet under Register for Classes -> Schedule and Options -> click on course.
- View video tutorial on how to drop course in myCuesta.
PDF directions: How to Drop Course
- Visit our Policy Page for more information.
- Click here for Directions to Unlock Account or Reset/Change Password.
- Still need login help? Submit your name and Cuesta student ID number to email@example.com.
- Courses that require verification of prerequisite completion will block you from registration with a Registration Add-Error Message.
- If you previously have been enrolled in a college level prerequisite course at another accredited institution and received a "C" or better, submit a Prerequisite Clearance Form and your official transcript for clearance.
- In order to ensure registration priority, clearance requests and challenges must be filed at least five (5) working days prior to a student's registration priority date.
- To check for prerequisite clearance login to myCuesta and Student Self Service ->Prepare for Registration ->Registration Status. Prerequisite clearance will be posted under Petition Status.
- Your residency was determined based on your CCCApply application. The responses on your application will determine your residency status and potential eligibility for nonresident tuition fee waiver or exemption. An email notification will be sent to you regarding nonresidency status and your options to establish California residency to tuition purposes.
- To establish California residency students must provide evidence of physical presence in California and the intent to become a resident. The residency rules as established by Title V of the California Code of Regulations require a one-year physical presence in the state of California prior to the first day of the term you have applied.
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration. Debt holds are placed on all student accounts with a balance due.
- Students are NOT dropped for non-payment. Partial payments are accepted but debt holds will remain until the full balance is paid.
- Fees may be paid by credit or debit card:
- Credit/Debit card payments can ONLY be made online through each student's myCuesta account.
- Google Chrome is the preferred online browser to pay fees.
- Apple device users making online payments may need to "enable cookies" for payment processing.
- Allow ten minutes for debt holds to lift once the full balance has been paid.
Payments of check or money order may be mailed to the San Luis Obispo Cashier's Office:
- Cuesta College Cashier
P.O. Box 8106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106
- Cuesta College Cashier
- Login to myCuesta and open Student Self Service then access the Financial Aid tab.
- Financial Aid Specialists are available to answer your questions via Live Chat or make a Zoom appointment. Visit Financial Aid web site.
- To obtain a transcript from another school, students must contact the other school directly to have your transcript sent to Cuesta College.
- Check your myCuesta student email for notification of receipts of your transcripts.
- Transcripts submitted via US Mail: Allow 15 business days for student email notification.
- Transcripts submitted electronically: Allow 5 business days for student email notification.
- Connect with a Cuesta College counselor via Zoom, by phone, or in-person. Visit the Counseling web site to book a counseling appointment to access same day drop-in.