Superintendent Finalists & Open Forums
Four individuals have been selected as finalists for the position of Cuesta College superintendent/president. On Tuesday, February 20, the finalists will answer questions from faculty, staff, and the public at open forums on the San Luis Obispo Campus in building 5400, room 5401. The public, media, and Cuesta College employees are invited to participate. Question cards will be available to all who attend the San Luis Obispo Campus forums and the North County Campus live broadcasts in Dallons Hall (building N3100, room N3102).
The five finalist candidates and their corresponding forum times are:
Dr. Jill Stearns
Forum Time: 9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
- Doctorate in Education/Community College Leadership at Walden University
- Master’s in Instructional Technology at National University
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration at Cal Poly
|7/2012 - Present||President at Modesto Junior College|
|7/2006 – 6/2012||Vice President of Educational Services at West Hills College|
|8/2005 – 6/2006||Interim Associate Dean of Student Learning at West Hills College|
Dr. Georgia Lorenz
Forum Time: 10:30 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
- Doctorate in Education Policy, Planning & Administration from USC, Los Angeles
- Master’s in Education and Social Policy from Northwestern University
- Bachelor’s in English from Stanford University
|7/2014 - Present||Vice President, Academic Affairs for Santa Monica College|
|8/2003 - 6/2016||Adjunct Professor at USC, Los Angeles|
|2/2008 - 6/2014||Dean, Instructional Services at Santa Monica College|
*Dr. Messina has withdrawn her candidacy.
Dr. Kimberlee Messina
Forum Time: 12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership from UC Davis
- Master’s in Spanish from CSU Sacramento
- Bachelor’s in Sociology/Spanish from CSU Sacramento
|9/2016 - Present||Interim Vice Chancellor of Educational Services & Planning for San Mateo County Community College District|
|5/2011 - 8/2016||Vice President of Instruction & Institutional Research for Foothill/De Anza College (FHDA)|
|8/2015 - 7/2016||Interim President at Foothill/De Anza College (FHDA)|
Dr. Jerry Buckley
Forum Time: 1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
- Doctorate in Education from San Diego State University
- Master’s in Biology from California State University, Fullerton
- Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences from USC, Los Angeles
|8/2013 - Present||Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Academic Affairs for College of the Canyons|
|1/2012 - 7/2013||Vice President, Instruction for San Diego Miramar College|
|8/1990 - 12/2011||Senior Dean, Planning, Research & Institutional Effectiveness for Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District|
Dr. Barry Gribbons
Forum Time: 2:50 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
- Doctorate in Education, Measurement & Statistics from USC, Los Angeles
- Master’s in Educational Psychology from USC, Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s in Psychology from CSU Northridge
|2/2015 - Present||Deputy Chancellor from Santa Clarita Community College District|
|7/2007 - 2/2015||Assistant Superintendent/Vice President, Institutional Development, Technology and Online Service for Santa Clarita Community College District|
|7/2004 - 7/2007||Vice President, Institutional Development, Technology, and Online Services/Interim Assistant Superintendent for Santa Clarita Community College District|
The Cuesta College Board of Trustees will interview the five finalists at a closed session meeting on Thursday, March 1, 2018. The Board of Trustees will announce its selection at a future open session Board meeting. The new superintendent/president is set to begin on July 1, 2018.
For questions, please call the Cuesta College Human Resources Department at (805) 546-3129.