Cougar Welcome Days 2023
*Reservations are required to attend.
|Tuesday, May 9||4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.||Virtual via Zoom||Thanks for attending!|
View the schedule here.
|Wednesday, May 3||4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||San Luis Obispo Campus||Thanks for attending!|
|Saturday, May 6||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||San Luis Obispo Campus||Thanks for attending!|
|Saturday, May 6||12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||San Luis Obispo Camus||Thanks for attending!|
|Tuesday, May 9||4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||North County Campus||Thanks for attending!|
|Friday, May 12||9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||North County Campus||Register today|
Arrival and Check-In Instructions
Tuesday, May 9th & Friday, May 12th - Cougar Welcome Days North County
Parking: Please park in LOT 11. Parking is free during the event.
Check-In 5/9 & 5/12: Please check in at the N2800 building.
View the Cougar Welcome Days schedule here.
Cougar Welcome Days are available for new incoming First-Time college students to provide the necessary skills to build their first semester of classes.
Have you taken Cuesta dual enrollment classes currently or in the past? Please reapply to Cuesta as a first-time college student to be eligible for Cougar Welcome Days' priority registration. Dual Enrollment (Enrichment) students are not eligible.
Required Steps for Participation
Cougar Welcome Days are for a new first-time college student. To participate in Cougar Welcome Days, a student must:
- Have an application on file for Fall 2023. Apply online
- Have access to their my.cuesta.edu student portal.
- Complete the online orientation through their student portal.
- Please note the math & English course placement tool is to be completed at the end of the orientation process.
*Appointments will be canceled 24 hours before event start if all requirements aren't met.
What To Expect During Cougar Welcome Days
During the three-hour Cougar Welcome Days sessions, students should expect to :
- Explore their Area of Study
- Learn how to use and navigate the myCuesta Portal
- Find classes using class finder
- Build their first-semester schedule of classes
- Meet with our counseling team in-person and get acquired to your Area of Study
- Meet with a counselor one on one for 15 minutes (zoom session)
- Register for their first semester of classes
- Get to know and interact with fellow first-time college students
- Cougar Welcome Days attendees meet with academic counselors every 15 minutes. Your 15 minute counseling appointment will be scheduled based on the order you register for the event. For example, if you are the 3rd person to register for your time slot, you will be the third person to meet with a counselor.
- Students will meet with counselors in a group setting during their scheduled time slot. Each student will have the opportunity to get counseling support to ensure their class schedule is accurate.
Areas of Study are groups of programs that have related courses or similar employment outcomes. Cuesta College has grouped degree and certificate programs in Areas of Study to better support students.
Visit the program mapper to view Areas and Study and their pathways to access to help you get started on your educational journey at Cuesta.
If you are unable to attend the additional date, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.