Cougar Welcome Days 2022
|Monday - Friday
May 9 - 13, 2022
|4:00 - 7:00 PM||Virtual via Zoom||Register Now|
|Saturday, May 7, 2022||9:00AM - 12:00PM||North County Campus||CLOSED|
|Saturday, May 14, 2022||9:00AM - 12:00PM||San Luis Obispo Campus||FULL CAPACITY|
Cougar Welcome Days is an online experience that will provide incoming students with the necessary skills to build their first semester of classes.
Required Steps for Participation
Cougar Welcome Days are for a new first-time college student. To participate in Cougar Welcome Days, a student must:
- Have an application on file for Fall 2022. Apply online
- Have access to their my.cuesta.edu student portal.
- Complete the online orientation through their student portal.
- Complete all modules in this Pre-Registration Counseling Canvas Course.
*Appointments will be canceled 24 hours before event start if all requirements aren't met.
Modules are designed to be completed at your own pace. Find a quiet space to view the modules and give yourself 1-2 hours to complete the session. It is highly encouraged that you write down any questions you may have, so our Academic Counselors can provide the answers you need to be successful.
All attendees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours of the event.
Please visit the Vaccine Requirement Information webpage for more information about Cuesta College's Vaccine Requirement.
What To Expect During Cougar Welcome Days
During the two-hour Cougar Welcome Days sessions, students should expect to :
- Explore their Area of Study
- Learn how to use and navigate the myCuesta Portal
- Find classes using class finder
- Build their first-semester schedule of classes
- Meet with a counselor one on one for 15 minutes
- Register for their first semester of classes
- Get to know and interact with fellow first-time college students
- Cougar Welcome Days attendees meet with academic counselors every 15 minutes. Your 15 minute counseling appointment will be scheduled based on the order you register for the event. For example, if you are the 3rd person to register for your time slot, you will be the third person to meet with a counselor.
- Students will meet with counselors in a group setting during their scheduled time slot. Each student will have the opportunity to get one on one counseling support to ensure their class schedule is accurate.
Areas of Study are groups of programs that have related courses or similar employment outcomes. Cuesta College has grouped degree and certificate programs in Areas of Study to better support students.
Visit the program mapper to view Areas and Study and their pathways to access to help you get started on your educational journey at Cuesta.
If you are unable to attend the additional date, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.