Pathways to Cuesta
NEW INFORMATION COMING SPRING 2022
Cougar Welcome Days is an online experience that will provide incoming students with the necessary skills to build their first semester of classes.
Required Steps for Participation
Cougar Welcome Days are for a new first-time college student at Cuesta College. To participate in Cougar Welcome Days, a student must:
- Have an application on file for Fall 2022.
- Have access to their my.cuesta.edu student portal.
- Complete the online orientation through their student portal.
- Complete all modules in this Pre-Registration Counseling Canvas Course.
Once you have completed all of the steps above, you will then register to participate in Cougar Welcome Days to confirm your Fall 2022 courses.
Pre-Registration Counseling Canvas Course
Modules are designed to be completed at your own pace. Find a quiet space to view the modules and give yourself 1-2 hours to complete the session. It is highly encouraged that you write down any questions you may have, so our Academic Counselors can provide the answers you need to be successful.
What To Expect During Cougar Welcome Days
During the two-hour Cougar Welcome Days sessions, students should expect to :
- Explore their Area of Study
- Learn how to use and navigate the myCuesta Portal
- Find classes using class finder
- Build their first-semester schedule of classes
- Meet with a counselor one on one for 15 minutes
- Register for their first semester of classes
- Get to know and interact with fellow first-time college students
Areas of Study are groups of programs that have related courses or similar employment outcomes. Cuesta College has grouped degree and certificate programs in Areas of Study to better support students.
Visit the program mapper to view Areas and Study and their pathways to access to help you get started on your educational journey at Cuesta.
If you are unable to attend the additional date, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.