If I don't have a permit, can I put a note on my dashboard?
Notes and receipts are not accepted in lieu of valid parking permits.  

I'm visiting on official business.  Do I need a permit?
A valid parking permit must be properly and clearly displayed on all vehicles parked on the San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles campuses.  Contact the sponsoring departments’ division assistant to obtain information on how to obtain a parking permit. 

I'm a student taking only one class and do not want to purchase a semester parking permit. What should I do? 
Daily permits are available for $4 and can be purchased from any of the self-serve permit machines that are installed in most parking lots or from the Campus Police office on either campus. Machines accept: One dollar bills ($1) only, no coins,  Credit Cards, Apple & Android Pay. Machines do not give change. 

I only need to be on campus for 10 minutes.  Should I purchase a daily permit? 
Students and visitors who plan to be on campus for 20 minutes or less may park in spaces marked "20-minute parking". No permit is required while parked in the 20-minute zone.  If you think your visit may take longer than 20 minutes, we suggest that you purchase a Daily parking permit for $4 and then proceed to park in a general parking space. Please note permit machines take cash one dollar ($1) bills only. If larger bill denominations are inserted into the machine, it will not give change. Our machines do not take coins. Other acceptable payments include credit cards, Apple Pay, and Android Pay. 

I loaned my car to a friend and they were cited for parking in a staff space.  Am I responsible for the ticket?   
Cuesta College parking citations are forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if they are not paid within the 30-day time limit. The DMV will not allow you to register your vehicle until the citation is paid.

I lost my parking permit halfway through the semester.  Do I need to buy another permit at full price? 
Lost or stolen permits will not be replaced free of charge, however, a replacement permit may be purchased at the original purchase price. 

I bought a semester/daily permit at the San Luis Obispo campus but I also have classes at the Paso Robles campus. Do I need a different permit for the Paso Robles campus?
All parking permits can be purchased at either the San Luis Obispo or the Paso Robles Campus. Both types of permits are valid on the date of purchase on either campus regardless of which campus it was purchased.

I received a parking ticket but I disagree with the grounds on which it was given to me.  How do I dispute the citation? 
You may appeal a parking citation at any time within 30 days of the date of the violation by completing a citation appeal form and emailing it to, CCPD@cuesta.edu     (Cuesta College Police Department Citation Appeal Form)  

I have more than one vehicle that I drive to campus.  Do I have to pay full price for a second permit? 
Semester parking permits can be used on multiple vehicles as long as each vehicle is registered with the Campus Police. One or two vehicles can be registered on a Vehicle Registration form. To register more than two vehicles, please contact Campus Police so we can add the additional vehicle(s) to our records. 

I'm not sure where to place my parking permit.  How do I know where it goes?
Semester permits are to be visibly displayed on the inside lower right corner (passenger side) of the windshield or suspended from the rearview mirror with the permit facing towards the front of the vehicle. Motorcycle or mopeds must display permits on the front forks or cowling. Daily permits must be placed on the dashboard of the vehicle with the date of purchase clearly visible.

What happens to people who refuse to pay parking citations? 
Unpaid citations are reported to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will not allow vehicles to be registered with delinquent parking citations. Vehicles with five (5) or more unpaid campus parking citations may be booted or towed from campus property and stored at owners’ expense. 

How do I get help if my car breaks down while on college property?
Please contact the Cuesta Police on either campus if you need assistance. 

If I drive an oversized vehicle, where can I park? 
It is recommended that oversized vehicles and buses park on the campus perimeter roadways to avoid a citation.

Where can I pay a parking citation?
Citations can be paid by mail or online at paymycite.com. To pay in person - Payments can be made at the Cuesta College Police Department - SLO Campus, Bldg. 7500. Payments accepted: cash, check, credit/debit card, Apple pay, Android pay.

By Mail to either address below: 
Please reference citation number or license plate number on your check or money order. Please do not send cash. 

CUESTA COLLEGE POLICE DEPARTMENT                                     
P.O. BOX 8106                    
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA  93403-8106
P.O. BOX 11923
SANTA ANA, CA  92711-1923