Automotive Technology Degrees & Certificates
DEGREES, CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
The Cuesta College Automotive Technology Department (a NATEF Certified Program) has served students, the automotive service industry, and the community for over 40 years with course offerings in 22 specialized areas of concentration. Students enrolled in these courses have the opportunity to expand their knowledge relative to automotive technology and develop entry level skills required for employment in the automotive service industry. Successful completion of course requirements prepares students for the examinations required for voluntary certification as a professional technician offered by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). The course offerings address the areas of concentration needed by a technician to become certified as a “Master Automobile Technician”, and “Advanced Level Specialist”.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
An Associate Degree, depending on the focus of study, is designed to prepare students for transfer into upper division course work in a bachelor’s degree program, or, to prepare students to enter the workforce in a particular vocational field. To qualify for an Associate’s Degree, a student must:
(1) complete each major-specific course required for the degree with at least a "C" grade or better,
(2) complete all Cuesta College general education, graduation and residency requirements,
(3) achieve an overall grade point average of 2.0 for all courses attempted (major, general education, elective), and
(4) submit an Associate’s Degree Application to Admissions and Records.
A Certificate Program is designed for students who desire specific training to meet an immediate occupational or personal goal, or for promotion or lateral transfer within their existing field of employment. To qualify for a Certificate of Achievement or a Certificate of Specialization, a student must:
1) complete all courses required for the Certificate with an overall grade point average of 2.0,
2) earn at least 12 units in residency at Cuesta and
3) submit a Certificate Application to Admissions and Records.
|Alignment Specialist||Industrial Engineer|
|Automotive Engineer ||Industrial Technology|
|Brake Specialist||Quick Service Tech|
|Electrical Engineer||Service Management|
|Electrical Specialist||Service Writer|
|Engine Performance/Drivability Specialist||Transmission Specialist|
|General Technician||Tune-up Technician|
|A.A. - Associate in Arts||C.A. - Certificate of Achievement|
|A.S. - Associate in Science||C.S. - Certificate of Specialization|
|A.A.-T. - Associate in Arts for Transfer||C.C. - Certificate of Completion (Non Credit)|
|A.S.-T. - Associate in Science for Transfer|