Vocal Jazz Festival Application and Information
Cuesta College San Luis Obispo campus
Covid-19 Safety Protocols
- The entire festival will happen outdoors, including warmup and clinic rooms. We have tents and sheltered areas in the event of rain.
- Masks are required at the festival--they can be removed when performing at the discretion of the director.
- A NEGATIVE COVID TEST, TAKEN WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE FESTIVAL, IS REQUIRED FOR EACH ATTENDEE regardless of vaccination status.
- ENSEMBLES MUST BRING THEIR OWN MICROPHONES
Non-competitive, educational and supportive. Open to any educational vocal jazz ensemble.
- Groups go through a rotation: Warm-up, Performance, and off-stage Clinic. Each part of the rotation lasts 25 minutes. We recommend 3 songs, with a maximum of 4 songs allowed.
- We have capacity for 18 handheld mics (REMINDER--bring your own microphones)
- In "normal" years we can provide overhead condenser mics for larger groups. Not for 2021, however.
- We provide, keyboard, bass amp, and guitar amp
- We provide a drumset, but NOT cymbals. Bring your own Cymbals.
Deadline for Application:
October 15, 2021
No refunds after October 15, 2021