Successful completion of a prerequisite or corequisite course is achieved by earning a final grade of “C” or better in the required prerequisite course.
Prerequisites, corequisites, and advisories are intended to enhance a student’s chance of success in a desired course. If a student has not met a prerequisite or corequisite requirement, as noted in the course schedule, the student may not be allowed to enroll or remain enrolled in the course which requires the prerequisite.
Prerequisites and corequisites apply to all students, including dual enrollment and personal enrichment students.
Prerequisite: A course that a student must pass with a "C" or better before enrolling in the more advanced course. With department approval, equivalent skills or prior experience a student possesses may also be accepted as a prerequisite for a course.
Corequisite: A course a student must enroll in at the same time as, or complete prior to, enrolling in the desired course.
Advisory: A course a student is encouraged, but not required, to complete prior to enrolling in a more advanced course.
Prerequisite Clearance Forms
The following courses require verification of prerequisite/co-requisite completion
prior to registering:
List of Computer Enforced Courses
Form A: Prerequisite Clearance and/or Math & English Placement
- Prerequisite or co-requisite coursework completed at another college/university, other than Cuesta, must be verified through official transcripts or AP scores and by submitting Prerequisite Clearance Form.
- Check for clearance in myCuesta Student Registration Services portlet under "Check Registration Status."
Students must provide compelling evidence to support a challenge of prerequisite/co-requisite requirement. It is the student's responsibility to attain the appropriate department chair's signature prior to submission of the Form B. For detailed information, view: Student's Right to Challenge.
- Complete Form B: Prerequisite/Co-requisite Course Challenge
- Attach supporting documentation.
- Obtain approval from appropriate administrator.
Office of Instruction for Instructional Dean and Division Chairs
Vice President Student Success, Support Programs
Associate Dean, Financial Aid and Records
For clearance of physics courses completed at an institution other than Cuesta. It is the student's responsibility to attain the Physics Department Chair's signature prior to submission of the Form C. Physical Science Division Chair: Bret Clark
Submit official transcripts from institution where Physics course completed.
- Placement Release Form (PDF) - Request to release assessment results from Cuesta to another school