C6 LSAMP Project
The California Central Coast Community College Collaborative (C6) Alliance is an innovative, cross disciplinary, and multi institutional collaboration developed by STEM programs and leaders from eight community colleges: Allan Hancock College, Cabrillo College, Cuesta College, Monterey Peninsula College, Moorpark College, Oxnard College, Santa Barbara City College and Ventura College. The C6 Alliance is a National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation Bridge to the Baccalaureate project (NSF/LSAMP/B2B).
C6 LSAMP Goals
Two primary goals of the C6 alliances are to:
- Increase the success rates of underrepresented minority (URM) STEM students.
- Increase the number of C6 LSAMP students transferring to STEM degrees at 4-year universities.
Cuesta's LSAMP Goals
The Cuesta LSAMP program goals are to:
- Generate a sense of belonging in STEM.
- Create of a STEM community and peer network on campus.
LSAMP Program Benefits
The Cuesta LSAMP program provides the following various academic and non-academic support resources:
- Tutoring: Embedded tutors are placed in the following gateway courses Physics 208A, Chemistry 201A, Math 242 and Math 265A.
- Transfer support: In addition to providing transfer workshops, we also provide one on one support with all the steps of the transfer process.
- Scholarship and internship support: In addition to providing workshops on applying to scholarships and internships, we also provide one-on-one support in finding and applying to these types of opportunities.
- Research opportunities: In addition to guiding students to research opportunities, we also provide funding for on campus research internships.
- Social Support and Community: We have biweekly group luncheon gatherings on Friday afternoons. Check out the Current Events page for specific dates, times and location.
- Professional Development and Networking: The program provides opportunities to attend conferences and mentorship workshops which include industry partners.
- Non-academic support: In addition to workshops, we provide guidance to all basic needs resources at Cuesta.
C6 LSAMP is funded by the National Science Foundation, Award No. 2110112.