California Public Employees Retirement System
Most classes are available online as well as in person.
Planning Your Retirement Class
For members within five years of retirement
In this class you will learn:
- How to maximize your retirement benefit
- How your retirement benefits is calculated
- The steps you need to take prior to retiring
- The retirement application process
Classes are 2.5 hours. You must pre-register for this class.
Completing Your Retirement Application
Provides the step by step process of filling out your retirement application for those within 90 days of retirement. This class is an alternative to a one-on-one retirement counseling appointment.
In this class you will:
- Complete your retirement application
- Have you and your spouses (if applicable) signatures witnessed
- Learn the steps you need to take prior to retiring
- Learn the retirement application process
This class is 2.5 hours. You must pre-register for this class. Please bring application and estimates that you can order online or by phone.
To update your beneficiary, please return this form to Human Resources.