Pathway Steps:

Do you want to complete a Paraprofessional degree, or not sure if you want to teach Special Education?
Our AA in Paraprofessional Educator/Preteaching is a good option for you.
Students following this pathway will need to follow destination transfer school GE Pattern. 
Be sure to take the Special Education Teacher Concentration of this degree.


Education Specialist in Elementary (Pre-K - 6th) Schools


Education Specialist in Middle or High (7th-12th) Schools

Click here for more detailed information on the above steps (PDF)

Click here for the Special Education Teacher Pathway flyer (PDF)

If you would like more information or have questions about the Special Education Teacher Pathway, the AA-T in Elementary Teacher Education, or the transfer process, contact the Counseling Department 805-546-3138(SLO) or 805-591-6241(NCC).