Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), is a state-funded program to assist students 18 years or older who are single head of households with child care expenses. You must be accepted into the EOPS program, receive cash aid from the Department of Social Services, and have a child under the age of 14. Once accepted into the program you will be eligible for grant monies to help cover child care and transportation costs.
- Apply for financial aid and be accepted in the EOPS program
- Must be currently receiving TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families)
- Must be at least 18 years old and a single head of household
- Must have at least one child under 18 years old receiving TANF
- Academic and personal counseling to develop coping strategies to meet the added demands of school and home
- Invitations to workshops which address the specific concern and issues that affect single parents
- Grant aid monies to help cover childcare and transportation costs
For more information about the CARE Program please contact
Interim EOPS/CARE Coordinator Hunter Perry at (805) 592-9985.