On Campus Resources
The following resources already exist at Cuesta for undocumented students.
* = Se Habla Espanol | SLO = San Luis Obispo Campus | NC = North County Campus
Cuesta College and UFW Foundation are partnering to provide free immigration legal
services to ALL students, faculty, and staff.
Para español haga clic aquí
Appointments available every 3rd Tuesday, 1st and 4th Wednesday and 2nd Friday of the Month.
Services Include: General Consultations, DACA, U-Visas, Special Immigrant Juvenile Visas, Family Petitions, Naturalization (Citizenship), Family Petitions, FBI and background checks, and MORE.
Make an appointment for a free consultation and learn about your eligibility options!
If you are having problems making appointments, you may call UFW Foundation at (805) 246- 3867 or email Estella Vazquez.
*Due to COVID-19, all appointments and services will be provided remotely, via Zoom and phone, until further notice. If you cannot secure a confidential space to speak with the UFW Foundation, please email Estella Vazquez for assistance.
Cuesta has emergency funding available to help undocumented and mixed status students. Funding can be utilized to cover emergency costs due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care.
Despite campus being closed, counselors are available to help you with your academic goals. Our counselors are here to help you succeed at Cuesta!
- Career exploration & plan to transfer to a 4-year college
*Due to COVID-19, all appointments and services will be virtual via Zoom.
Have questions about your Financial Aid? Get help today!
- California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG) (previously BOGW)
- Cuesta Promise Scholarships
- Immigrant's Rising Scholarship List
- MALDEF Scholarship Resource
- AB540/ AB2000/ SB68 (in-state tuition eligibility)
- and much more...
*Due to COVID-19, all appointments and services will be virtual via Zoom.
You can now make an appointment to meet with a Financial Aid specialist over Zoom! Visit their Zoom Lobbies for live help!
- Community Health Centers of the Central Coast offers primary care, dental and chiropractic care, optometry and behavioral health services and more for low cost or sliding scale fees.
- Noor Clinic provides free medical, eye, dental and specialty care for uninsured adults regardless of race, ethnicity, immigration, religion or socioeconomic status.
- Planned Parenthood provides reproductive health carefor low or no cost.
- The Center provides reproductive health carefor low or no cost. The Center is provides services at Cuesta Health Center every Thursday from 9am-2pm.
- MediCal provides health services to immigrants who meets all eligibility requirements, but is not in a satisfactory immigration status for full scope Medi-Cal is entitled to limited health services. These services include the MediCal breast and cervical cancer program, emergency hospital and long term care, kidney dialysis care, and pregnancy services.
- For more resources, visit the Cuesta Student Health Center.
- Immigrants Rising’s Mental Health Connector provides undocumented young people with psychological support, allowing you to access your strengths and resiliency in order to achieve your personal goals and healing.
- Community Counseling Center provides short-term, low-cost, professional counseling for individuals, couples and families who would not otherwise be able to afford it. Most clients have no insurance and a low to moderate income.
- Transitions Mental Health has numerous services for community members. Check out their monthly calendars to see what is happening at their wellness centers: Wellness Calendars.
- RISE serves both victims of intimate partner violence and sexual assault/abuse and their loved ones. RISE provides comprehensive programs, services and resources to the community.
- Check more Mental Health resources here.
Join a club or start your own club! Become a leader and make a difference!
To promote & celebrate diversity & ensure undocumented student success
Estella Vazquez - Advisor | email@example.com | (805) 592-9582
Jannet Rios Leon - Co-Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 592-9032
Latino Leadership Network
To increase the participation of Latinos in leadership roles & higher education
Dee Limon - Advisor | email@example.com | (805) 592-9987
Alejandra Aguirre - Co Advisor| firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 592-9517
To advance educational attainment of Chicano/a, Latinx students and promote leadership & social change
Janet Florez - Advisor | email@example.com |(805) 592-9215
Alicia Paniagua - Co-Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org | SLO (805) 546-3941
Provide comprehensive support, services, resources to CalWORKs, foster youth, & EOPS/CARE students
April McGee- CaFe Centers Technician | email@example.com|(805) 592-9987
Diane "Dee" Limon - Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org| (805) 592-9493
Provide support in the job search process and assist with resumes, cover letters and job interviews
Shamarah Giannetto| email@example.com| (805) 592-9758
Kimberly Espino | firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education: ESL, GED, Emeritus, NCTE
Prepares students for transition to post-secondary education, the workforce, and promotes lifelong learning through noncredit courses
Alicia Paniagua - Coordinator | email@example.com | (805) 546-3941
Counseling (Academic Advising)
Assists you in creating a Comprehensive Student Education Plan (CSEP) which serves as a guide while you explore your major, career and future goals such as advancing in your current and future career and/ or desire to transfer to a four-year college.
Glenda Moscoso - Academic Counselor | firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 592- 9333
Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
Provides support and guidance to those who seek extra academic support due to their learning disability
Rolando Zapata- Academic Counselor| email@example.com| SLO (805) 592-9486
Offers support in understanding your options in paying for classes such as the CA Dream Act, FAFSA, the Cuesta Promise and scholarships.
Christina Sholars- Financial Aid Specialist| firstname.lastname@example.org| (805) 592-9841
Martha Davis- Financial Aid Specialist| email@example.com| 805- 592-9449
Alejandra Aguirre- Financial Aid Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 592-9517
Student Health Services
Offers free and confidential physical and mental health services
Leah Brandt- Registered Nursing (Spanish/English speaker| email@example.com
Rocio Anaya- Therapist (Spanish/English speaker| firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Echeverri- Health Program Specialist (Spanish- English speaker)| email@example.com |SLO (805) 546-3171
ASCC- Student Government| The Cultural Center| Student Clubs and Organizations
Dr. Anthony Gutierrez - Student Life and Leadership |firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 546-3289
Ali Phelps- Student Life and Leadership | email@example.com| (805) 592-9894
Student Success Centers (Free Tutoring)
Academic assistance through free drop-in tutoring, writing center, & workshops and coaching
Jannet Rios Leon- Bilingual Academic Success Coach| firstname.lastname@example.org| Office: (805) 592-9032 | Cell: (805) 440-8721
Siboney Guardado- Assistant Director of Student Success Centers| SLO (805) 592-9574| email@example.com