General Education Development
Looking to earn your GED certificate?
Not only is Cuesta College North County Campus an Official Pearson Vue Testing Site, but our Continuing Education Program also offers a free, noncredit GED preparation course in English or Spanish!
- In-class lessons
- Individualized instruction
- Book work
- Self-paced online learning modules through Essential Education
- Managed enrollment to ensure attendance and further encourage your commitment to lifelong learning
- Reading and Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
You may test on one subject at a time or complete all portions in one period if time allows.
Each test costs $35, but this fee is waived with a testing voucher if you are enrolled and regularly attending the Cuesta College NABE 500A or NABE 500B class.
Students must create an account on www.GED.com to schedule a test.
Test candidates must be 18 years of age or within 60 days of turning 18 in order to take the exam. GED diplomas will not be issued until the candidate turns 18.
Exams can be taken in English or Spanish.
- Free childcare while you attend class
- Free software to help you study from home
- Free tutoring outside of class
- Financial assistance to cover the cost of the GED Ready Practice Exam and the GED Official exam
- Spring graduation ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments with fellow graduates, instructors, friends, and family
- The Cuesta Promise: two years of free tuition at Cuesta College the fall term following completion of your GED certificate! Have more questions about The Cuesta Promise? Visit https://www.cuesta.edu/admissionsaid/cuestapromise/promisefaqs.html
San Luis Obispo
Spring 2019 Jan 22-May 23
Paso Robles North County Campus-NCC
San Luis Obispo Campus-SLO
Arroyo Grande South County Center-SCC
All above classes are held in the evenings from 6:00-8:50pm. You are only required to attend class once per week.
Cuesta College North County Campus
2800 Buena Vista Drive, N1109
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Can I earn my GED if I am under 18 years of age?
In California, you must either be 18 years of age or within 60 days of turning 18 to take the GED exam.
Even if you pass, certificates of completion are not issued until you are 18 years of age.
Please visit the GED site for more information: https://ged.com/policies/california/
If you are interested in enrolling in the Cuesta GED Prep classes and are under 18 years of age, you must obtain a
permit to enroll which is signed by your high school principal, your parent or legal guardian, and yourself.
How long does it take to earn a GED certificate?
It depends on the individual and their learning capabilities, study habits, attendance, and dedication.
Some students finish within a four-month semester, and others take a year or more. As soon as you earn a passing
score on your GED Ready Practice Exam, you may schedule your official exam. Cuesta College offers many resources
to support you during your studies to ensure success!
Call or visit the Continuing Education Department in N1109 (within N1000 building) on the North County Campus for additional information.
Monday-Thursday 10:00am-7:00pm (Hours may vary, please call ahead)
Contact us at 805-591-6273