Register for Classes
How to Register for Course
Student's priority date/time to register can be viewed in myCuesta once the Class Finder is available for the term. To view your priority date/time to register, login to myCuesta - go to the Student Self Service portlet and "Prepare for Registration."
- Priority Registration Rules
- How to Register/Add Course (PDF)
- How to Register with an ADD Code (PDF)
Prior to the first class meeting, students may add classes online and enroll in an available seat or waitlist slot for a closed/full class. How to Register (PDF) or click on video tutorial below.
- Open Student Self Service portlet then click Register for Classes.
- Select Term and Continue.
- Two options to find course:
1) Under Find Classes tab, search for course then click Add in last column on far right of course or
2) Go to Enter CRNs, type in CRN(s), then click Add to Summary.
- Confirm "Web Registered" Action status in lower-right Summary, then click Submit.
Your Status will update as Registered.
- Closed class: If seats are full, you will receive a "Closed" classes message and be notified if waitlist is available. Go to Summary and under Action drop-down, select Wait Listed and click Submit. You are not charged fees while waitlisted.
- Click Tuition and Fees to view fees owed then click Pay Now to submit payment by credit/debit.
- Need Parking Permit or ASCC Student ID Card? Under Register for Classes (upper left), click on Optional Fees.
- Print Class Schedule? Under Register for Classes, click on Schedule and Options and the printer icon.
- Use drop-down, select "Waitlist" then click "Submit."
- To check waitlist position, return to Register for Classes and in lower left of Summary, click on Schedule Details.
- Monitor your myCuesta student email daily for notification of available seat. You will only have 24 hours to respond and register for open seat or will be deleted from waitlist.
- Under Register for Classes in Summary, under Action drop-down beside Waitlisted course, select "Schedule" then click Submit.
- Missed deadline? Your only option is to re-enroll in an available waitlist slot to return to the notification queue. Once you miss the deadline, you are automatically dropped and the available seat is offered to the next waitlist student for another 24 hours.
How to Add a Class (PDF) or view video tutorial
How to Register with an Add Code (PDF)
An add code from the instructor is required to register for a course as of the first class meeting on a space-available basis. Add codes are case-sensitive, enter letters in caps. Deadline? One day prior to posted Census date in Class Finder - click on course after search results.
- Not Waitlisted: Under Register for Classes - Enter CRNs, enter CRN then click Add to Summary. A pop-up box to enter the add code will appear to submit add code.
- Waitlisted? You must drop/delete from the waitlist, enter CRN, then will be able to submit the add code. Remember - add codes only are not accepted prior to the day of the first class meeting while the waitlist operates.
How to Drop Class in myCuesta (PDF) or click on video tutorial below.
- In Summary, use Action drop-down beside course and select drop option, then click Submit.
- To confirm course is removed from schedule, go up to tabs in upper left under Register for Classes and click on Schedule and Options. Only your registered and waitlisted courses will appear.
What are the consequences of dropping with W? Click here for: FAQs for Dropping Class
Eligible for refund? Click here for: Registration Fee Refund Policy
Need to Apply?
Online admission application and registration is available during the timelines below.
|Term||Term Dates||Apply OnlineBeginning:||View Classes & myCuesta Reg Priority||Registration by priority begins:|
Open to all
April 1, 2023
April 17, 2023
April 7, 2023
April 17, 2023