Writing Help for All Subjects
Writing Help is Available Through Drop-in and by Appointment
Writing Center tutors can help with:
- Development of ideas
- Organization and drafting
- MLA and APA Citations
- Grammar guidance
- Sentence phrasing and flow
The Writing Center promotes students’ success and independence as writers and critical thinkers beyond college. We help writers make their own choices about a text rather than “fixing” papers for them through our peer-led environment. Therefore, it is important to note that we are not editors, rather we guide students to choose their own path as writers.
DROP-IN WRITING HELP
Drop in writing help is available in addition to appointments. Please refer to the Writing Help Schedule for availability.
30 MINUTE APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE to help with your writing assignments. Please have questions ready for discussion.
Once an appointment is made, an email will be sent to your MyCuesta email with a confirmation of the appointment, details, and a personal link for your Zoom session. Within this email you will have the ability to cancel if need be.
- Library Research Page: How to videos and A-Z lists of Special Databases,
- Library Services Page: Get access to the Cal Poly Library and others
- Ask A Librarian live chat (available during posted Library hours)
- Web Resources by Subject
- WolframAlpha: Not just for Math and Science - a powerful search engine that pulls answers to simple questions from multiple sources! Check out a the demo.
Citation: Learning these rules helps prevent plagiarism!
Quick Reference Study Guides: How to Be a Successful Student