Veterans Resource Center
SUPPORT. LEARNING. CAMARADERIE.
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is the heart of Cuesta College’s veteran community and serves as a one stop service area for academic support and a gathering place for veterans to connect with each other. All active duty military, veterans, reservists, and dependents of veterans from all branches of service are welcome and can expect to receive professional, courteous, and compassionate support as they pursue their educational goals.
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 2:00pm
In Person Services:
North County Campus
Questions: Call (805) 546-3142 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staffed primarily by student veterans and a Veteran Certifying Official
- Assistance in expediting access to GI Bill funding
- Priority registration for veteran students
- VA Certification
- Dedicated academic counselor
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Group math tutoring
- Free health and wellness counseling
- Access to adaptive software (Kurzweil software available)
- Access to computers, printer, copy and fax machines
- School supplies
- Community resources
- Opportunity to work with other veterans
- Comfortable and veteran-friendly environment
- Food pantry
- Free coffee
Fall 2021 Update: The Cougar Food Pantry is available Monday – Thursday 10am - 2pm, on both campuses in the following locations:
- SLO Campus: Room 5305 (Student Center)
- NC Campus: N1102, Campus Center 2nd Floor
The CaFE Center can provide additional information on campus assistance regarding CalFresh enrollment. The office is located in room 3142(SLO) and room N3024 (NCC).
The Cougar Food Pantry is also collaborating with Cal Poly, SLO to provide additional assistance with CalFresh enrollment. Could you use extra money to buy groceries? CalFresh, formerly known as Food Stamps, is a free nutrition assistance program that gives an average of $204 per month to eligible students to help buy groceries! CalFresh dollars come to you in the form of an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which looks similar to a debit card and can be used at many grocery stores and farmers’ markets. Find out your eligibility and apply for CalFresh today by visiting www.calfreshcalpoly.org to schedule an appointment at a time that works for you! Our team is here to help!