Veterans Resource Center
SUPPORT. LEARNING. CAMARADERIE.
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is the heart of Cuesta College’s veteran community and serves as a one stop service area for academic support and a gathering place for veterans to connect with each other. All active duty military, veterans, reservists, and dependents of veterans from all branches of service are welcome and can expect to receive professional, courteous, and compassionate support as they pursue their educational goals.
Due to COVID-19, the Cuesta College Veterans Resource Center is Closed BUT we are here for YOU remotely!
Monday - Wednesday
9:00am - 2:00pm
Questions: Call (805) 546-3142 or e-mail email@example.com
- Staffed primarily by student veterans and a Veteran Certifying Official
- Assistance in expediting access to GI Bill funding
- Priority registration for veteran students
- VA Certification
- Dedicated academic counselor
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Group math tutoring
- Free health and wellness counseling
- Access to adaptive software (Kurzweil software available)
- Access to computers, printer, copy and fax machines
- School supplies
- Community resources
- Opportunity to work with other veterans
- Comfortable and veteran-friendly environment
- Food pantry
- Free coffee
Tutoring services available now!
Tutoring for Veterans and military connected students is available this semester from
1 - 2pm on Wednesdays via our virtual lobby!
Riley is also available on Wednesdays from 2pm-6pm via the Virtual Student Success Center in Canvas: https://cuesta.instructure.com/courses/23068
If you have any questions feel free to check out our website: https://www.cuesta.edu/student/resources/ssc/index.html
Position Available: Veteran Peer Mentor for 20-21
FINANCIAL AID VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
Meet with our financial aid specialists to complete the financial aid process and answer any questions.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2020
9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
To complete the FAFSA or Dream Act, students will need to bring:
- Student’s and parent’s Social Security number
- Records of untaxed income such as welfare benefits, Social Security benefits,
or child support payments
- Student’s and parent’s W-2 forms or records of income earned during 2019
- 2019 bank statements
- Business records
- Permanent resident or DACA card, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
Contact: Alejandra Aguirre
About this Event
October 21, 2020, 10 AM - 11 AM
College of the Canyons and The California Department of Veterans Affairs---California
Transition Assistance Program (CalTAP) would like to invite student veterans to attend
the second webinar in a series that highlights benefits and services available to
veterans and their family members.
The second event will cover strategies on building better mental health. In partnership with CalTAP, various speakers will provide you with a wealth of information that can assist you and your family as a student veteran.
10:00 AM - Welcome/CalTAP Overview
10:10 AM - Local Interagency Network Coordinator (LINC)
10:15 AM - Resources for Building Better Mental Health
10:45 AM - Virtual Questions and Answers Panel
Below you will find more information about our guest speakers
Click the link below to register: