Welcome to Financial Aid
Remember to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application! If you have any questions please reach out to our Financial Aid staff.
State Fiscal Recovery Fund (SFRF) Emergency Financial Aid Grant
The application is closed. Please explore our website for other available resources.
Emergency funds are now available to eligible students who are experiencing circumstances that may impact their ability to remain in school. The application is available Tuesday, 5/2 through Friday, 5/5/2023 until 5:00 pm. Funds will be disbursed on Tuesday, 5/9 to eligible students and will reach BankMobile by Friday, 5/12 or an outside bank no later than Tuesday, 5/16. Grants are awarded to students who are California Residents who self-certify they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units or two non-credit courses at Cuesta College
- Demonstrates an emergency financial need
- Earned a 2.0 grade point average at their current or prior institution in one of the previous three semester terms (or four quarter terms)
- Have been awarded a California College Promise Grant (fee waiver) for the 2022-2023 or the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year
This is a one-time disbursement per applicant. The maximum award for a full-time student in Fall ’22 was $520 dollars. However, the amount awarded for Spring ’23 will be prorated based on the number of applicants and units enrolled. For assistance, please complete the State Fiscal Recovery Fund Emergency Financial Aid Grant Application.
2022-2023 California College Promise Grant Application
2022-2023 California College Promise Grant Application (solicitud en español)
2023-2024 California College Promise Grant Application
2023-2024 California College Promise Grant Application (solicitud en español)
Special Note: If you are a surviving spouse or surviving child of a deceased person killed in the performance of active law enforcement or active fire suppression and prevention duties under Section 68120.7, you are eligible for a tuition waiver.