Welcome to Financial Aid
Many students are experiencing financial challenges arising from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Cuesta has funding available, providing grants to students (as long as funding remains available) who are experiencing emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care. Currently we are accepting applications for support funds.
Federal CRRSA Act Funds (Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act)
Federal funding available to students based on the eligibility criteria listed below:
1. Completion of a 2020-21 FAFSA
2. Enrolled in the current Spring 2021 term
- You are eligible to apply if you were not notified of an auto award on March 26th.
- Funding is available to students who are degree and non-degree seeking, non-credit, dual enrollment, and continuing education students and students who may be enrolled solely in distance education courses.
- Must be U.S citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Funding will be disbursed through student accounts, and delivered through the BankMobile refund preference. Disbursements will occur every Monday (unless otherwise noted due to holidays or campus closure).
- If approved, you will receive one disbursement only.
Cuesta College Foundation CASE (Cuesta Assistance for Student Emergencies) Fund
- Available to ALL students (including Undocumented and International students), provided by the Cuesta College Foundation with support from community donations.
- Completion of a 2020-21 FAFSA or CADAA (California Dream Act Application) is recommended to maximize financial aid opportunities.
- Funding is limited. Turnaround time for a check to be mailed to you is 1-2 weeks.
Note: If you are a surviving spouse or surviving child of a deceased person killed in the performance of active law enforcement or active fire suppression and prevention duties under Section 68120.7, you are eligible for a tuition waiver. See below: