Typing Test Information
Need a typing certificate? Look no further than Career Connections at Cuesta College!
Cuesta College offers typing tests and typing certificates at no cost to students AND members of the community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I take a typing test?
- The San Luis Obispo Campus Career Connections office - 5300 Building, Room 5310. Monday- Thursday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. From 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Please call (805) 546-3252 to schedule an appointment
- North County Campus in Room N1109. Monday- Thursday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 10:00am- 4:00 pm. Please call (805) 591-6273 to schedule an appointment
Do I have to make an appointment to take the typing test?
- Yes, at this time we are asking that you call ahead to schedule a time to take a test. This will allow us to ensure that a computer is available.
How much does the test cost?
- The test is FREE.
I'm not a student at Cuesta, is that okay?
- Yes, that's fine. You do not have to be a Cuesta College student to take the typing test and/or get a certificate.
What about parking?
- We recommend that you park in Lot 2 or Lot 5.
- If you do not have a Cuesta College Student Parking Permit, you will need to purchase a daily parking pass from one of the kiosks located around campus (see this CAMPUS MAP for kiosk locations) and display it on your windshield.
- Daily parking permits cost $4.00 dollars. You can obtain one at one of the parking lot vending machines.
How long does the typing test take?
- Everyone is different, but we recommend giving yourself at least 30 minutes to take the test to ensure that you have time to get the score you want.
- You can take the test as many times as you want, and use your best time for the certificate. Feel free to come in and practice during our office hours! We offer a stress free typing environment.
Do I get my certificate on the same day I take the test?
- Yes, we will print out your official certificate as soon as you are finished with the typing test.
- We will also make 2 copies for you, and we can send you a PDF copy of your certificate
if you need one.
Have questions? Contact us at Jobs4you@cuesta.edu or fill out our Career Connections Intake Form