Typing Test Information
San Luis Obispo Cuesta College Campus testing services are closed until further notice. Please see below for information about testing at North County Campus.
Need a typing certificate? Look no further than Career Connections at Cuesta College!
Cuesta College offers typing tests and typing certificates at no cost to students AND members of the community.
Due to social distancing recommendations, and the rapidly changing community directives, we are currently suspending typing tests on the SLO campus however tests are available by appointment at the North County Campus. Thank you for your understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I take a typing test?
- North County Campus in Room N1109 Monday- Thursday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 10:00am- 4:00 pm. Please call 805-591-6273 to schedule an appointment
- Please allow 30 minutes to take the test. The last typing test time will be at 4pm
daily with the exception of M, W, F the last typing test time is at 3pm.
Do I have to make an appointment to take the typing test?
- Yes, at this time we are asking that you call ahead to schedule a time to take a test
so that we can comply with social distancing recommendations.
How much does the test cost?
- The test is FREE.
I'm not a student at Cuesta, is that okay?
- Yes, that's fine. You do not have to be a Cuesta College student to take the typing test and/or get a certificate.
What about parking?
- We recommend that you park in Lot 2 or Lot 5.
- If you do not have a Cuesta College Student Parking Permit, you will need to purchase a daily parking pass from one of the kiosks located around campus (see this CAMPUS MAP for kiosk locations) and display it on your windshield.
- Daily parking permits cost $3.00, CASH ONLY.
How long does the typing test take?
- Everyone is different, but we recommend giving yourself at least 30 minutes to take the test to ensure that you have time to get the score you want.
- You can take the test as many times as you want, and use your best time for the certificate.
Feel free to come in and practice during our office hours! We offer a stress free
Do I get my certificate on the same day I take the test?
- Yes, we will print out your official certificate as soon as you are finished with the typing test.
- We will also make 2 copies for you, and we can send you a PDF copy of your certificate
if you need one.
You can also reach out to us during our Zoom office hours (11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Thursday). The passcode to enter is: 309864