Resume Template and Resources
Cuesta Student? Log into your free JobSpeaker account using your myCuesta username and password to access the Learning Center and LinkedIn Learning.
Below are just some of the resume resources available through JobSpeaker/LinkedIn Learning:
LinkedIn Learning: Resume Makeover - This series covers several helpful topics and frequently asked questions for those trying to craft professional resumes.
LinkedIn Learning: Escribiendo tu curriculum - Incluye información útil sobre el formato, incluyendo las referencias, y resaltando su experiencia anterior.
Don't have access to JobSpeaker? Here are some additional resources to help get you started:
Steps in Developing Your Resumé &/or Cover Letter:
Don't know where to start?
- A resumé is a brief written account of your personal, educational, and professional qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter introduces you, explains your purpose for writing, highlights a few of your experiences or skills, and requests an opportunity to meet personally with the potential employer.
First, develop a rough draft of your resumé!
- How to Build a Resumé: check out this video for resumé writing guidelines.
- Click here for more informational resumé videos.
Next, get ready to make a strong first impression with a cover letter!
- Learn about what a cover letter is and how to start writing one.
- Learn the dos and don'ts of cover letter writing.
- Check out this cool infographic!
Click the link below for a sample resume format you can download and fill in with your information
Finally, get some feedback...
Submit your rough draft to Career Connections for review. Our contact information
can be found below.
You can also reach out to us during our Zoom office hours (11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Thursday). The passcode to enter is: 309864