Code of Conduct
As Cuesta College participates in Title IV loan programs, no officer, employee, or agent of Cuesta College is allowed to:
- Enter into a revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender;
- Steer borrowers to particular lenders or delay loan certification; OR
- Participate in offers of funds for private loans to students in exchange for providing concessions or promises to a lender for a specific number of FSA loans, a specified loan volume, or a preferred lender arrangement.
Additionally, financial aid staff members are prohibited from:
- Accepting gifts of any kind from a lender, guaranty agency, or loan servicer;
- Accepting compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide service to or on behalf of a lender relating to educational loans; AND
- Accepting compensation for service on an advisory board, commission, or group established by lenders or guarantors, except for reimbursement for reasonable expenses (as detailed in the FSA Handbook and section 1011 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act).
Violators of this code of conduct are subject to disciplinary action.
Note that Cuesta College does not provide private educational loans, but still stands by the principles outlined in the above code of conduct.