Cuesta Librarians are here for you and your students in person and online Fall 2021.
Online Success Workshops
Cuesta librarians offer online success workshops addressing technology, research and study help. The workshops are ideal for students who are new to Cuesta and/or to online learning. Students access the schedule and workshops through the Library Canvas Module
- Request a book or periodical - Cuesta faculty and staff may request print materials for library purchase.
- Request a library orientation - Cuesta faculty may request orientations by librarians, including information literacy, general research skills, and subject specific classes.
- Request an embedded Canvas librarian - Cuesta faculty may request a librarian help with information literacy and research instruction in a Canvas course, including leading discussions, and/or synchronous or asynchronous video lectures.
- Request an item to be put on reserve - Cuesta faculty may request that a book or multimedia item from the library's collection be placed on two-hour reserve. Faculty may also place their own folders, books, or multimedia items on reserve. Please stop by the circulation desk at the library where you would like to place the reserve or fill out the request online. For San Luis reserves contact Leslie Foshee (email@example.com) For North County reserves contact Jennifer Correa. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Request a library guide (http://libguides.cuesta.edu/) or other curriculum materials for a class, or get help embedding research links in Canvas courses, contact email@example.com.
- Request an Interlibrary Loan - Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service through which current students and faculty may request print and audio-visual materials not owned by Cuesta College library. Access the Interlibrary Loan Request Form. For more information and instructions, check out the ILL guide.
- Embed a library guide in Canvas (https://libguides.cuesta.edu/lib_resources/libguides)
- Request Use of Turnitin.com - Cuesta College has a contract with Turnitin.com that enables faculty to use their software to detect plagiarism. To obtain your faculty login and password, or for other information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View a checklist for copyright fair use (pdf file) - A checklist on fair use from the Copyright Management center at Indiana University.
- Guide on Campus Copyright Rights and Responsibilities (pdf file) - A basic copyright guide from the Association of American Universities.
Open Educational Resources
- Visit: Cuesta's OER page for more information about using open educational resources (OER) in your class. Contact email@example.com with questions.