Security of Grade Records
- The District shall implement security measures for student records that assures no person may obtain access to student grade records without proper authorization. These measures shall be installed as part of any computerized grade data storage system.
- The measures implemented by the District shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, password protection for all student grade data bases, locking mechanisms for computer stations from which student grade data bases can be viewed, and strict limits on the number of persons who are authorized to change student grades.
- Persons authorized to change grades shall be designated by the Director of Admissions & Records. No more than five District employees may be authorized to change student grades. Student workers shall not have access to grade records, and student workers may not change grades at any time.
- Any person who discovers that grades have been changed by someone other than the persons authorized to do so shall notify the Director of Admissions and Records immediately. The Director of Admissions and Records shall immediately take steps to lock the grade storage system entirely while an investigation is conducted.
- If any student's grade record is found to have been changed without proper authorization,
the District will notify
- the student;
- the instructor who originally awarded the grade;
- any educational institution to which the student has transferred;
- the accreditation agency; and
- appropriate local law enforcement authorities.
- Whenever a grade is changed for any reason, corrected transcripts will be sent to any educational institution to which a student has transferred.
- Any student or employee who is found to have gained access to grade recording systems without proper authorization, or who is found to have changed any grade without proper authority to do so, shall be subject to discipline in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Any person who is found to have gained access to grade recording systems without proper authorization, or who is found to have changed any grade without proper authority to do so, shall be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the college where the incident occurred.