Step 3: Decision Making & Planning
1. DECIDE- Use the information from your Assessments and Research and choose a major,
knowing you can always change your mind in the future!
2. DECLARE- Update your major in your myCuesta portal: On your Student Tab, click on Change Major/Program. Consult with a walk-in counselor if needed.
3. LEARN- Refer to General Education section in myCuesta Pathway to learn General Education Requirements. See Areas of Study for Cuesta majors & requirements or www.assist.org for CSU/UC transfer information by major. Use campus websites to view transfer/major requirements.
4. PLAN- Make an appointment with a Cuesta College Counselor to write up a Student Education Plan to map out the courses you will need to take.
When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist