LVN Application Information
The January 2022 LVN Application Cycle is Closed
2022 LVN APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (for reference only): CLICK HERE
New instructions will be posted for each application cycle.
Refer to Application Timeline & Steps for Future LVN Applicants page
LVN Program Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisite Courses
1. Current California Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification - Obtained by December 31st
2. Proof of completion of 12th grade education or equivalent (or higher degree)
3 Prerequisite Coursework - completed by December 31st with a grade of 'C' or better
- BIO 212 Human Biology* 3.0 credits/units
- BIO 212L Human Biology Lab* 1.0 credit/units
- ENGL 156 College Reading and Writing* 4.0 credits/units OR
- ENG 180 Intro to ENG Comp* 4.0 credits/units
- MATH 127 Intermediate Applied Algebra* 5.0 credits/units OR
- MATH 128 Applied Algebra* 6.0 credits/units
Course completion vs. Assessment: Applicants to the LVN certificate program must either complete the above Math and English prereq courses (or higher level courses) with a grade of 'C' or better; OR place into English 201A and a transfer level math course.
NOTE: Additional requirements exist to earn a Licensed Vocational Nursing Associate in Science degree. Contact a Cuesta College counselor or refer to the Application Instruction Packet for more information.
How to submit Official Transcripts of Prerequisite Coursework
For questions about the LVN program, application process or application instructions, contact Brita Blue at: (805) 592-9426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding program eligibility, prerequisites, course evaluations, and academic planning, request an appointment with Cindy Stever or Blake Reed, Nursing Program Counselors.
Appointment with Cindy Stever or Blake Reed can be scheduled online using our portal on the Counseling website for a 15-minute drop-in or a 45-minute full planning appointment (select "Nursing and Allied Health Students" in the list of appointment types).