Sexual Assault and Violence Awareness Information
Reporting: Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence and Stalking
Cuesta College does not tolerate sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking in any form .
It is not your fault!
If you are a survivor of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking, you have the option to report this crime to law enforcement authorities or not. The Cuesta College Police Department will assist you in notifying the proper law enforcement authority where the crime occurred, whether or not it occurred on campus. We will also assist you in obtaining other resources to assist and support you.
Cuesta College strongly encourages all members of the campus community who believe they are victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking to immediately report the incident. Timely reporting is an important factor in the subsequent investigation and prosecution of sexual assault cases should the survivor desire to do so.
We recommend the following steps after an assault:
- Go to a safe place. Your safety is our first concern
- Call for help.
- On campus: Cuesta College Police Department, (805)546-3911 or from a campus phone x3911. (x4911 at NCC)
- Off campus: 911.
- Get medical attention, regardless of whether you choose to report the assault to law enforcement.
- Try to preserve all the physical evidence of the assault.
- Do not wash, use the toilet, bathe or change clothing if you can avoid it. If you must change clothes, place all clothing you were wearing at the time of the assault into a paper
Call an advocate, counselor, friend, family member, or someone you trust for support and assistance.
Cuesta College Student Health Center
- 805-546-3171 (SLO Campus)
- 805-591-6200 ex 4207 (NCC Campus)
SLO Hotline: 800-783-0607 (24 hours)
RISE (Respect, Inspire, Support, Empower)
- 24-hour Crisis Line: 855-886-RISE (7473)
- Web: http://www.riseslo.org/
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Web: http://www.thehotline.org/
San Luis Obispo County District Attorney
- Ph#: 805-781-5821
- Web: http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/District-Attorney/Victim-Witness-Assistance-Center/Domestic-Violence-and-Sexual-Assault.aspx
The Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women
- Web: https://www.justice.gov/ovw
SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)
- 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Web: https://www.rainn.org/
Together Against Sexual Assault: https://www.notalone.gov/
Center for Changing Our Campus Culture: http://www.changingourcampus.org/
Stalking Resource Center: http://www.victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: http://www.ncadv.org/
The National Center for Victims of Crime: https://victimsofcrime.org/home