Mental Health Services
The college years are an exciting time for personal growth, but they can also bring academic, social, and financial pressures, which can create mood swings or affect students' mental health. The Student Health Center currently offers mental health therapy services, referrals to local organizations, brief screenings online, wellness workshops, and a variety of digital tools that students can explore on our website at any time.
Our personal therapy services support students in their academic success and personal development. Our services are personalized, confidential and do not transfer with academic records. We have a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT) that can provide up to six free therapy sessions per student each semester. Therapists also provide referrals for any mental health treatments that require long term or specialized care, such as: medication evaluation, drug and alcohol treatment, diagnostic testing, and treatment of serious mental health disorders or hospitalization.
|Individual therapy||Couples therapy||Consultation||Stress
Grief and loss
|Group therapy||Crisis prevention and intervention||Referrals for long-term care||Depression
|LGBTQIA+||Education and outreach||Referrals for drug and alcohol services||
Boundary and limit setting skills
Self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
Sexual harassment/sexual assault
- Consultations are conducted by telephone and Zoom at this time following COVID-19 precautions.
We are a safe zone!
Our therapists and nurses have received training in assisting the LGBTQIA+ populations. We are actively involved in continue training to make sure the services we provide are LGBTQIA + affirming. A large portion of the clients we see are exploring the coming out process or needed a safe place to talk about their gender and/or sexual identity. We welcome these populations and have improved our intake forms to include preferred pronouns, Gender and Sexual identity.
How to schedule an appointment with a therapist?
We have a new health portal available to all of our Cuesta students. You may now schedule
your health appointments ONLINE. Click here to learn how.
For same-day appointments, crisis intervention, or in-person health services please contact us: email@example.com, (805) 546-3171.
Do I need therapy?
To determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a behavioral health professional, we encourage students taking a brief screening online: By taking a brief MindWise Screening, students can learn if they have a behavioral health issue and learn signs and symptoms. Immediately following the brief questionnaire, you will see your results, recommendations, and key resources. Click here to take a screening TODAY!
- News & Events for upcoming health and wellness activities
- Wellness Central on Canvas
- Cuesta Campus Well
- Relaxing room
- Wellness Central: Depression
- Wellness Central: Anxiety
- Health Resources
- Educational Repository: Digital, educational, communicative material to promote health and well-being among our Cuesta Community.
- Student in crisis Quick Guide: Know the signs, assess for suicide, respond and give resources.
- Health Services also offers access to Guided Imagery. Guided imagery is the easiest, most user-friendly form of meditation you can find. It’s simply listening to words and music that guide you on a positive journey, where you imagine yourself relaxing and doing well, with all your senses. To try out guided imagery you have these 2 options: