Addiction and Recovery
- SLO County Drug and Alcohol Services offers a variety of services and programs to help people with drug and alcohol problems, including public walk-in clinics, prevention programs, youth and adult programs, and court-mandated programs. (805) 781-4275 (SLO)/ (805) 473-7080 (Arroyo Grande)/ (805) 461-6080 (Atascadero)
- Transitions-Mental Health Association (TMHA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating stigma and promoting recovery and wellness for people with mental illness through work, housing, community and family support services (805) 540-6500
- SLO Hotline: (800) 783-0607
Alcohol Addiction Centers a free, web-based resource helping to bring education and information to the world of alcohol addiction. Provide support and resources for anyone struggling with an alcohol problem, either through a friend or family member, or with a problem of their own.
The Recovery Village is a website that compiles a list of resources, including support groups and treatment centers in SLO county.
American Addiction Centers, an organization that provides substance abuse treatment and educational resources for people with mental health and substance abuse issues. They host several free virtual 12-Step support meetings each week: Click here.
Alcohol and Drug Hotlines. It offers free assistance to those with a drug or alcohol addiction and their loved ones.
- Addiction Group is an informational web guide that was created to help those struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD), substance use disorders (SUD), and/or co-occurring mental health disorders find treatment for their addiction.
- What is inpatient treatment/rehab? click here to learn more
- Virtual Support & Addiction Meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous (805) 541-3211(SLO) // (805) 466-8175 (Atascadero) // (805) 927-0347 (Cambria)
SLO AA Group (805) 541-3211 (24 hour help line)
Narcotics Anonymous-Central Coast (800) 549-7730 (Central Coast CA)
Al-Anon (805) 549-8989
Adult Children of Alcoholics (805) 549-8989
Eating Disorder Referrals (805) 549-8989
- DrugRehab.com offers resources and information on the intersection of addiction and domestic violence.
- Quit smoking resources
- QuitNet.com A free quit smoking support program with quitting tips and advice.
- Quit Smoking Classes SLO county public health department offers classes to help you quit smoking, free of charge in San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, Paso Robles and Grover Beach.
- smokefree.gov On this site you’ll find support, tips, tools, and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking (like free text message reminders).
- PublicHealth.org a look at how smoking affects your health.
- Mental Health & Addiction outlines the mental health struggles that many college students experience, how those tie into addiction, and ways to get help.
- Alcohol Treatment Centers offers resources and information on college alcoholism.
- Rehab Spot offers information and support to those suffering from addiction and their families.
- Avenue recovery community recently put together a guide on College Substance Abuse Statistics, Facts, & Recovery which covers the challenges of substance abuse amongst college students and where can they turn for help.