Official transcripts from all other accredited institutions attended must be submitted prior to registering for classes to satisfy course prerequisites, financial aid eligibility, Student Education Plans, GE Certifications, and degree and certificate evaluations at Cuesta College.  To obtain a transcript from another school, an individual must contact the school directly.  If the school is no longer in operation, we suggest contacting the local school district or the county office of education for assistance.  Prerequisite or co-requisite coursework completed in high school or at another college/university must be verified by submitting a Prerequisite Clearance Form after official transcripts have been received. 

Transcripts submitted prior to 1998 were not archived and will need to be resubmitted. Any additional coursework since prior submission will need to be resubmitted to Cuesta College Records Office.

  • Any foreign credentials must be independently evaluated by Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc (ACEI) or other accredited organizations (NACES member) and submitted to Cuesta College .
    • Scanned or photo copies as email attachments are not official and will not be accepted.

    • Official transcripts must be submitted as a Comprehensive Report in original, unopened envelope translated in English.  Students must provide certified transcripts of academic records achieved during all prior high school or college attendance. Transcripts submitted for evaluation must include the school seal and be signed by the registrar or another appropriate official and evaluated as a Comprehensive Report.

      ACEI phone in US only:  (310) 275-3530 or (800) 234-1597 
      ACEI Hours:  Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, PST
      ACEI Email:
      ACEI web site:

  • To obtain a transcript from a private or vocational college that is no longer in operation or you are unable to locate, please contact the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) by phone at (888) 370-7589 or visit BPPE Transcripts web page.
  • To obtain a transcript from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), Division of Juvenile Justice (DJJ; formerly the California Youth Authority), please contact the CDCR DJJ by phone (916) 322-5759 or visit the CDCR DJJ Transcripts and Certificates web page.
  • Visit the California Department of Education web page as a resource for obtaining student records and transcripts.
  • Visit Cuesta's Veterans Services web pages for resources on obtaining military records.

Official transcripts from high school, college, or university are accepted: 

  • Electronically to the Records Office:

Official transcripts, authenticated and delivered (not by email attachment) by the other institution directly to Cuesta College.

Note:  USPS regular or priority mail recommended.  FedEx, DHL or UPS express mail goes to Cuesta shipping, not directly to Records Office which delays delivery.

  • By US mail in original sealed school envelope containing official transcript to: 

Cuesta College Records Office
PO Box 8106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

Note:  Transcripts sent via overnight FedEx or DHL are delivered to Cuesta's shipping warehouse, which may not be delivered same day to the Records Office than via USPS mail which is delivered weekdays daily.

Transcripts should be submitted ahead of registration, in time for academic advising and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions. 

Transcript Processing

Check your myCuesta student email for notification of receipt of your college/university transcripts based on the following timelines:

  • Transcripts submitted via US mail:  Allow 15 business days for student email notification
  • Transcripts submitted electronically:  Allow 5 business days for student email notification

Students will not be able to view transcripts from other schools via myCuesta.

Transcripts submitted to Cuesta College become the property of Cuesta College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies. Plan to request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for your records.