Welcome to Financial Aid
State Fiscal Recovery Fund (SFRF) Emergency Financial Aid Grant, Spring 2023
Emergency funds are now available to eligible students who are experiencing circumstances that may impact their ability to remain in school. The application is available Tuesday, 5/2 through Friday, 5/5/2023. Funds will be disbursed on Tuesday, 5/9 to eligible students and will reach BankMobile by Friday, 5/12 or an outside bank no later than Tuesday, 5/16. Grants are awarded to students who are California Residents who self-certify they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units or two non-credit courses at Cuesta College
- Demonstrates an emergency financial need
- Earned a 2.0 grade point average at their current or prior institution in one of
the previous three semester terms (or four quarter terms)
- Have been awarded a California College Promise Grant (fee waiver) for the
2022-2023 or the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year
This is a one-time disbursement per applicant. The maximum award for a full-time student in Fall ’22 was $520 dollars. However, the amount awarded for Spring ’23 will be prorated based on the number of applicants and units enrolled. For assistance, please complete the State Fiscal Recovery Fund Emergency Financial Aid Grant Application.
Special Note: If you are a surviving spouse or surviving child of a deceased person killed in the performance of active law enforcement or active fire suppression and prevention duties under Section 68120.7, you are eligible for a tuition waiver.